BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Great D&D Solo Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Figueroa
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I'm looking for a fun easy to learn D&D to play. It will be a bonus if it's also a single player... I'm tempting to get D&D Castle of Ravenloft, but I rather ask you guys what you guys think. This will be my first D&D game.
Thanks In Advance!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Talmadge
United States
Clinton
CT
flag msg tools
REFEREE MADNESS
badge
I'm wasting your time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Castle Ravenloft and have played through all of the scenarios, some multiple times. I have played most of them 2-player, but about a third were solo, inclduding the epic "everything" scenario I played for an entire day.

Great theme, components and gameplay. Excellent dungeon crawler! Easily adaptable for house rules or even making your own characters.

I can't wait to get Wrath of Ashardalon or Legend of Drizzt, so I can mix & match heroes, monsters and tiles. Highly recommended. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on what you mean by "D&D". Do you mean "D&D branded" game, which means... nothing? Or the D&D roleplaying game, which poorly supports solo play? Or the D&D Adventure System Games (Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, Legend of Drizzt)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the OP mentioning Castle Ravenloft, it seems pretty clear, as in crystal, what system he was referring to.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Figueroa
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks Everyone! I think I'm going to give D&D Castle Raveloft a shot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think (and this is just my opinion, mind you) that Wrath of Ashardalon feels and plays more like a traditional game of D&D than Castle Ravenloft. While Castle Ravenloft is a really fun game, it is set in the pseudo-victorian horror universe of Ravenloft, and that just takes away some of the theme for me. Once again, my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.