Thumb up my stuff.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thrifted a copy and it seems like the 6 12 sided dice are missing. Will any 6 dice work or do i need to get the right colors?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
releasethedogs wrote:
I thrifted a copy and it seems like the 6 12 sided dice are missing. Will any 6 dice work or do i need to get the right colors?


Played this once. Want the time back. But anyway . . .

I forget the game.

I can't imagine it was more complicated than a single d12 could handle, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Dickinson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some cards that will require you to roll multiple D12s simultaneously, and cards where the color of the die you rolled a specific number on could be important.

You could get by with 1 d12, but it would take longer and be potentially confusing. So while having correctly colored dice isn't strictly necessary, you should at least have six D12s, preferably different-looking ones.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Rice
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why people feel the need to take jabs at games that they don't like when someone asks a question I'll never know - just seems rude to me...

With just the base game the colors dont matter so much as long as you have the same # of dice as colors - but as you add on expansions, the colors become more important...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumb up my stuff.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your simple reply. It was a lot of help.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get dice that are roughly the right color, there are a few cards that will benefit, but it wouldn't be absolutely necessary.

There is one card I'd recommend taking a look at, try playing it, and that will probably tell you what you want to know.

Grab Supplies Surprise (blue backed card, blue border that contains a bunch of the letter P).

The game wants you to roll different colored dice, and determine from the outcome what you get. If you feel like you can successfully play this card with dice you have, you probably won't need to get specially colored dice.

If my memory is correct, this is the most colored dice dependent card in the Blue/Yellow set. If you have more colors than this, you could try pulling out all of the cards that have lots of colored dice filled in (right-hand side of the picture) and read them. If you can accomplish their effects, you'll be good.

If you get to the point where you're using the Orange Booster deck (which introduces the pawns), I'd lean towards having specific dice for each color.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shaunrice wrote:
Why people feel the need to take jabs at games that they don't like when someone asks a question I'll never know - just seems rude to me...

With just the base game the colors dont matter so much as long as you have the same # of dice as colors - but as you add on expansions, the colors become more important...


Because I hate the fucking game.

But had an answer. You know, before other people.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumb up my stuff.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dragontrainer wrote:
If you can get dice that are roughly the right color, there are a few cards that will benefit, but it wouldn't be absolutely necessary.

There is one card I'd recommend taking a look at, try playing it, and that will probably tell you what you want to know.

Grab Supplies Surprise (blue backed card, blue border that contains a bunch of the letter P).

The game wants you to roll different colored dice, and determine from the outcome what you get. If you feel like you can successfully play this card with dice you have, you probably won't need to get specially colored dice.

If my memory is correct, this is the most colored dice dependent card in the Blue/Yellow set. If you have more colors than this, you could try pulling out all of the cards that have lots of colored dice filled in (right-hand side of the picture) and read them. If you can accomplish their effects, you'll be good.

If you get to the point where you're using the Orange Booster deck (which introduces the pawns), I'd lean towards having specific dice for each color.


Thanks! Very helpful.

scifiantihero wrote:
shaunrice wrote:
Why people feel the need to take jabs at games that they don't like when someone asks a question I'll never know - just seems rude to me...

With just the base game the colors dont matter so much as long as you have the same # of dice as colors - but as you add on expansions, the colors become more important...


Because I hate the fucking game.

But had an answer. You know, before other people.


No need to give your opinion of the game. That was not what I was asking nor is it constructive to the conversation. In the future perhaps consider this food for thought: keep your negative opinions to your self unless some one specifically asks for opinions about a game. Also, curb your use of the F word -- not because it is naughty but because their are plenty of other words that you could have said instead that are better. Use the F word only when no other words will do. :-) Thanks.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.