Galaxy Trucker» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint available in Germany rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A reprint is available in Germany! I ordered mine from Magierspiele (for 31,60€, shipping included) on Thursday and it's on the way already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, it will arrive in spiel offensive only in september (before that, it was june, when i ordered mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How easy is it to play for anyone who don't know German?

More or less the only German is the head line of the cards?

A little text on some?

Enough to care for or not?

For anyone who know what parts of Space alert is in German? The CD-track? Anything else?

I know Dungeon Petz is language independent and that Dungeon Lords got quite a bit of text on the cards (as do Mage Knight.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game of Galaxy Trucker is quite language-independent. There are only a few cards with text on them and you can learn what they do in advance. I played the German version several times before getting an English edition (I can't really read German).

The expansion adds a lot of cards with more text on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
The base game of Galaxy Trucker is quite language-independent. There are only a few cards with text on them and you can learn what they do in advance. I played the German version several times before getting an English edition (I can't really read German).

The expansion adds a lot of cards with more text on them.
So possibly it's better to get the English version? Too bad since it's only 33 euro or so in Germany. 548 SEK online here (Batalj our local store has it listed for 440 but no indication for whatever it's in stock or not so who knows whatever they actually own and sell it for that, seem weird.)

548 sek = 65 euro.

Quite a difference.

I think it would be possible to get the german with experience and german and swedish isn't all to far away from each other and I've studied german for six years but the later three was "from start again" / another three years of beginner german because I wasn't very good at it. I've never been interested in languages and grammatics and such (at least not in school) and never knew the basics so that made it somewhat hard for me. The rules for languages is harder for me than the rules of say math, electricity, physics or what not. I'd rather just type what feels natural but since German is never used here you never get any natural flow with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not just you but also the other players. The first expansion adds cards (Evil Machinations) that contain a significant amount of text and that players need to read and choose from, secretly and independently. So if you have to ask others for clarification of what the cards do, that won't really work. I advise getting the expansion in whichever language most of your potential players are most likely to be able to read. Again, for the base game only, it's less of an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Johan,

I don't know german and I've got the german version. Regarding the base game only (I don't know the expasions), look this Image: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/263158/galaxy-trucker

there are only 3 cards with text, and are easy to memorize (there are symbols on them). Also, in rule book, these are explained in details (You even don't need to print this picture).

Only the rules in english should be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.