Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good day.
Let's suppose player A built a city worth 25 points and took the King title. Later on, both player A and player B built a shared city worth 50 points. Who gets the King, both share it or does it stay with player A?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player closing the city gets the title, NOT the player(s) scoring the points. The king is just like the good tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be me just being too literal in reading the two replies above, but I want to mention that I think it's not the amount of points that a city is worth but how many tiles that it covers. At least, that's my interpretation of it (based on the wording in the rules, using "larger" to determine the owner of the King tile). What it means is that the number of pennants doesn't count (which would obviously add more points to your score for that city compared to how many tiles it covers), and if you're playing with something like the cathedral tile from I&C, then determining King on points will be different yet again (e.g., scoring 3 points per city tile will give a huge advantage in stealing the King title from someone else).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes, both Karl and John are correct. Whoever completes the largest city gets the King tile, no matter who gets the points for that city. And it's the number of tiles in the city that matters, not the amount of points it's worth.

The English rules are here: http://riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_52_gameRules.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Lutzke
United States
Battle Creek
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting...I've been doing this wrong all along. I've been playing it so that only the person who is actually able to score each tile takes the King; not simply the person who happens to lay the closing tile whether they even have someone in that city or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.