Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make sure I am doing this right...

When setting up Dol Guldur, I have to attach one encounter card to each goal.

These cards have their full effects at this point, just like when you reveal cards as normal, correct?

i.e. if I draw Driven by Shadow as the first one, I will just discard it with no effect (as there is nothing to modify out yet) and then surge and draw another card.

That second card is not attached to the goal, though, but added to the staging area as normal, right? So, the goal can be claimed immediately.

Or, if I draw the Iron Shackles, they are put on the starting player's deck, and the goal is also free to be claimed immediately (if you wanted to, which you probably don't).

As another example, I once had Pursued by Shadow as the first card revealed during setup (Anduin scenario), so - since none of my heroes are questing during setup - I had to dial up my threat by 3.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on all counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

I was reasonably sure, but there are so many subtleties to consider, that oftentimes you simply overlook something.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
See Park
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Usually when I draw Pursued by Shadow during setup of Anduin I just scoop and reshuffle. Terrible card to draw on setup, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.