BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: which one to choose? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jay cutler
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like the theme of runewars and merchants & marauders, then I would choose the shortest and easiest. what do you recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
Runewars. The downtime is minimal, even with 5 players, compared to M&M. Components are better in Runewars, too, and Runewars feels more epic, imho.

EDIT: Just to be clear, Runewars isn't the lightest game out there. I think your two candidates have about the same level of difficulty and complexity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried runewars. M&M is great but neither short nor easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek W
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mb
I like Runewars better, it is longer than M&M but also gives more fun.

Both are pretty long btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own merchants & marauders but have only played it twice and don't think you've got any choices which make any sense / is interesting (in the basic game play at least) to pick within so I wouldn't recommend it.

Rune wars I haven't played but due to that I'd pick RW over M&M.

I don't feel like I have to choice to act like a pirate or merchant. I pick either and then I play like that.

Yeah sure you can choose whatever to follow a rumor/mission to .. But that's kinda it.

Sea warfare doesn't have to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.