Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It is my first play and I´m playing solitaire.

If I cannot change the attitudes of foreign countries in the political phase, what can I do in this phase?

Could any one give me a short overall introduction to the political, strategic and organization phase?

I´m not used to the rules and I´m a bit lost with PSP´s, Ep´s...

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may not try to change the attitudes of foreign countries in the Political Phase, but there are still things to do.
Germany, Italy and Portugal all start at "Support" for the Rebels, and the USSR starts at "Support" for the Government.
So, add 1d6 PSP for both sides because they both have countries Supporting them. Add those in the Political Phase.
Per 5.4.1, there's also 1d6 EP for whatever side, per major country (GE, IT, USSR) and 1 EP for each minor country (PO). You will add those in the Strategic Phase.

In the Strategic Phase, you take those EPs you just got in the Political Phase, plus any you already had on hand, add new EP from domestic production and from eliminated units, and spend them to obtain, rebuild, improve, convert new units and Assets, etc. Read the example of play to see examples of typical activities.

In the Organization Phase you sort your units and Assets out into Battlegroups. This step is important because it strongly affects what you will be able to do in the rest of the turn. Remember a BG can attack only once, but it can be attacked many times. Also, there can be any number of BG in an Area but only one may occupy a city. And there's the Counterattack Phase, where previously unengaged BG can attack the enemy when he is potentially off balance. So, you want a balance between many small stacks or one or two big "killer" stacks in an area.

The different Points may seem confusing at first, but there are only three kinds (Political Support, Equipment and Asset) and they all have very different functions.

I hope you enjoy the game,

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.