Kolejka: Ogonek» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rozomowy Kolejkowe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Google translate doesn't quite manage to deliver the goods here.

Am I correct with this interpretation?

1. Before starting the game every player replaces the "Remnant" card with the "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" card.

2. When you play the "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" card, you examine the discard pile and take (into your hand) any card played by another player. Should other players see which card you take?

3. Playing the "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" also causes you to pass so you cannot play further cards during this day.

4. The card you took belonging to another player can be played on any future turn.

5. The taken card is only returned to the original player on the Saturday after you have played the card. If you haven't played the card you keep the card until the next week.

6. On the first Saturday, all "Remnant" cards are added to the discard pile before returning cards to players.

Apart from confirming (or correcting) the above, the one other thing I don't understand is what happens to the "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" cards you play. Do they return to your hand on Saturday as normal? Are they removed from the game when played? Removed from the game on the first Saturday? If its the last case - what about unplayed "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" cards: are they also removed from the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I also was confused by the Google translate product here. I interpreted it to mean that you could retrieve your own card, already played, so that you could play it again tomorrow instead of waiting until Saturday to retrieve it. Give up an action now to re-play a previous action tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Hmmmm.

That makes sense. More sense them the complicated version I'm trying to figure out.

I was thrown by the translated phrase:

Google translate wrote:
you can take from the discard pile any adapter cable, the card of the suit of another player.

Once you've interpreted that as "take another player's card", you then have to interpret everything else to accommodate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the problematic word is "sąsiadką", which I get to mean "neighbor's", which might mean another player, or might just be flavor... dunno. I definitely didn't get the "card suit" piece, but the translation seems pretty fragile, and dependent on the order in which terms are entered.

Perhaps a friendly Polish speaker would like to help? This is the card in question:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I was actually translating from the rules PDF rather than the card.

The card uses simpler wording that basically just says "take a card from the discard pile; you cannot play any more cards this turn", so I imagined the details were missing.

The original rules say:

Przed rozpoczęciem gry dodajcie do talii kart kolejki kartę „Rozmowy kolejkowe”, a odrzućcie na środek planszy wszystkie karty „Remanent”. Będzie je można wziąć za pomocą nowej karty. W pierwszą sobotę karty „Remanent” wracają do puli graczy i dalej gra przebiega według normalnych reguł.

Uwaga: „Rozmowy kolejkowe” umożliwiają zabranie ze stosu kart odrzuconych dowolnej karty kolejki, także karty w kolorze innego gracza. Niewykorzystana karta w kolorze innego gracza nie jest zwracana w sobotę i przechodzi na następny tydzień. Zagranie karty „Rozmowy kolejkowe” kończy dla gracza fazę przepychanek kolejkowych – jest równoznaczne z powiedzeniem „pas”. Oznacza to, że nie możnaw tej samej turze zagrać karty „Rozmowy kolejkowe” oraz wybranej przed chwilą karty kolejki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karol Madaj
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like busybodies.
badge
Now such persons we command and exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ to work in quiet fashion and eat their own bread (2 Thessalonians 3:11-12).
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
Google translate doesn't quite manage to deliver the goods here.

Am I correct with this interpretation?

1. Before starting the game every player replaces the "Remnant" card with the "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" card.

2. When you play the "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" card, you examine the discard pile and take (into your hand) any card played by another player. Should other players see which card you take?

3. Playing the "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" also causes you to pass so you cannot play further cards during this day.

4. The card you took belonging to another player can be played on any future turn.

5. The taken card is only returned to the original player on the Saturday after you have played the card. If you haven't played the card you keep the card until the next week.

6. On the first Saturday, all "Remnant" cards are added to the discard pile before returning cards to players.

Apart from confirming (or correcting) the above, the one other thing I don't understand is what happens to the "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" cards you play. Do they return to your hand on Saturday as normal? Are they removed from the game when played? Removed from the game on the first Saturday? If its the last case - what about unplayed "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" cards: are they also removed from the game?

1. Yes. You have to put all "Remnant" cards on the discard.
2. No the card taken by "Rozomowy Kolejkowe" is seceret.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. Yes.

"Rozomowy Kolejkowe" cards you play will return to your hand on Saturday as normal. With "Remnant" ypu will have 11 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks Karol, but one last clarification (just to be certain):

Must you take one of your own cards or may you take a card played by another player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karol Madaj
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like busybodies.
badge
Now such persons we command and exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ to work in quiet fashion and eat their own bread (2 Thessalonians 3:11-12).
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing "Rozmowy kolejkowe" you may take your own card or a card played by another player. That's the point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much, Karol! And just for clarity, the "Remanent" ("inventory") card is the one that closes a store for the day. It's called "Closed for Stocktaking" in the English PnP version.

Edit: If you're feeling like it, Karol, I would love an idiomatic translation of the text on the card, for paste-up purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dave
msg tools
RE: rozmowy kolejkowe
@John Sizemore

Upper part of every card (as I remember) is always a flavor, just letting you feel more like in that times.

'You recall with your neighbour your recent queue jumping.'

Your meeple (or maybe you) just met his neighbour, so they can catch up with each other lives. It was actually a rare, good social feature of that very bad times. People just HAD TO socialize. No smartphones, no mp3 players, you spent a lot of time talking to other people to kill time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.