Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking to play some FtP this weekend so I had it out on my kitchen table sorting the bits. My 16 year old son had some of his buddies over playing some video games. I had to make a run to the store and decided to leave things out since I was only going to be gone a short time. When I got back my son was sitting at the table drying off the counters! One of them spilled a glass of water all over the game. Fortunately, the map was contained in a poster frame so no damage there, but half of my counters are now 'puffy' and some of counter's color has faded and/or started to peel.

I don't even know what the kids were doing at the table. My son nor his friends have ever showed an interest in FtP, Geesh! My son felt really bad and even more so when I told him the game was out of print. I told him it was okay since FtP is in the works for a re-print, but I may have to wait a while though.

So, all you fans of FtP who were thinking about getting on the P500 for this one at GMT Games please do so. The faster that number gets to 500 the faster I can get a re-print. I was already on the list, but now I want it sooner rather than later. Last time I looked they were at 130 or so. And, oh yeah, the re-print will have a mounted map! (Just thought I'd throw that in there for all of you on the fence. Ha!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a copy on sale here for $25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh crap, Chris. Sorry to hear this. We still need to get a second game going. When I saw the title, I thought maybe you had won against someone, not this...

I'm also on the P500, so I can't help any more there. However, I will also try to get the word out to get the thing moving! ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jon! But unless it takes REALLY long, I'll just stay on the P500 list. Although, I could buy now while still fairly cheap as the longer it stays out of print the higher the price will go I am sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See what you got to look forward to, Erich? As a point of advice, keep your kid and his buddies away from your out of print games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I cringed a little reading that. I have a 3 year old and my war room is connected to his bedroom by a jack & jill bathroom...it's only a matter of time I imagine...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, and at three he'll dump water on your game table just to see if the pieces float!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Escobedo
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly the only suitable punishment is for him to play a game with you!

Jesse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordJesse wrote:
Clearly the only suitable punishment is for him to play a game with you!

Jesse

Oh, how I have tried.....he likes some games, but definetely not For the People.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.