Kolejka: Ogonek» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sklep Monopolowy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I assume that multiple players can place a pawn on the liquor store to acquire a vodka card this turn.

Can a single player place more than one pawn to get multiple cards in the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karol Madaj
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like busybodies.
badge
Now such persons we command and exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ to work in quiet fashion and eat their own bread (2 Thessalonians 3:11-12).
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes he can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kora g
msg tools
1. Do all the other store rules apply to shopping at the sklep monopolowy? Can you use the queuing cards to gueue-jump?

2. If the store runs out of vodka before your pawns get to the front of the line, can they stay there, waiting for vodka to be delivered on (they hope) the next turn?

3. The pawns only get to take home the vodka during the PCT, after the bazar exchanges. Some of those exchanges may deliver more vodka to the sklep monopolowy. But the rules state the vodka exchanged at the bazar will be available for sale in the next turn. Is it then kept somehow separate from the stock already present at the sklep monopolowy, until the following turn? Or am I misreading the rules (though Polish is my first language, honest!), and whatever alcohol is exchanged at the bazar is immediately delivered to the store, and available to be taken home during the PCT right afterwards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesoły Romek
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kora wrote:
1. Do all the other store rules apply to shopping at the sklep monopolowy? Can you use the queuing cards to gueue-jump?

2. If the store runs out of vodka before your pawns get to the front of the line, can they stay there, waiting for vodka to be delivered on (they hope) the next turn?

3. The pawns only get to take home the vodka during the PCT, after the bazar exchanges. Some of those exchanges may deliver more vodka to the sklep monopolowy. But the rules state the vodka exchanged at the bazar will be available for sale in the next turn. Is it then kept somehow separate from the stock already present at the sklep monopolowy, until the following turn? Or am I misreading the rules (though Polish is my first language, honest!), and whatever alcohol is exchanged at the bazar is immediately delivered to the store, and available to be taken home during the PCT right afterwards?

From the instruction:
Before starting the game, take out two vodka cards from the box, picking two cards more than there are players participating in the game (four cards when there are two players, five when there are three players etc.). Then, place them beside the board along the edge, behind the hanging frame – this will be the liquor store,

and further:
While taking one’s place in the queues (also when preparing for the game), the players may visit the liquor store and put one of their pawns on a vodka card.

So, I understand this paragraph in this way:
- during the setup you put the vodka cards in the line in the indicated place;
- during the Queuing up phase every vodka card, on which there isn't any pawn, is available;
- if you exchange the vodka card, you simply put this card next to other vodka cards in the liquor store because the Queuing up phase was already played.

Am I right?

EDIT: If there isn't a normal queue in the liquor shop, but you put the pawn on the vodka card, the queue-jumping isn't rather allowed, I guess.
EDIT2: After re-reading the instruction and searching on the net I must admit that I was wrong — the liquor store is treated as a normal one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kora g
msg tools
Thanks for this! I have re-read the rules, and totally see your points. What you said makes a lot of sense, and unless Karol Madej weighs in here with a different answer, I'm going to play with those interpretations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dsaf afsd
msg tools
Stawiamy tylko na niezajętych kartach, więc nie ma mowy o przepychankach Podobnie jak na bazarze, tu nie działają znajomości i inne takie. (informacja od autora)

Put your pawn on a free vodka card.
You can't use the queuing cards to queue-jump (because there is no queue).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.