Subject: Link to Video Overview (mostly English) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a nice video interview from Cliquenabend for The Ladies of Troyes. Sebastien Dujardin gives a good overview of the expansion in English with translation to German by the interviewer.

They give a good look at the prototype components and explanation of the new actions that are available. Enjoy!
http://www.cliquenabend.de/videos/851100-Burgevent-des-Heide...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
One of the new Events is Possession by the Devil... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
My Z-Man copy of Troyes just showed up two days ago and I played a solo-game last night just to get a feel for the game before teaching the wife and friends.

The game is magnificent.

I am impressed by the addition of the purple head-of-family die and the addition of female characters--our group includes two ladies.

I am not so impressed by the four activity boards outside the walls and the dancing from turret to turret--seems to really overcomplicate things and make the playing area a little more jumbled.

But from the video it sounds like you can pick and choose parts of this expansion--using the purple die and passing on the mini-activity boards...if so, the designers are a very impressive group of thinkers, expanders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
August222 wrote:
My Z-Man copy of Troyes just showed up two days ago and I played a solo-game last night just to get a feel for the game before teaching the wife and friends.

The game is magnificent.

I am impressed by the addition of the purple head-of-family die and the addition of female characters--our group includes two ladies.

I am not so impressed by the four activity boards outside the walls and the dancing from turret to turret--seems to really overcomplicate things and make the playing area a little more jumbled.

But from the video it sounds like you can pick and choose parts of this expansion--using the purple die and passing on the mini-activity boards...if so, the designers are a very impressive group of thinkers, expanders.

I was thinking of using the rules for the extra dice part of the expansion the next time I play the base game. I just need to add some extra dice that aren't white, black, red, or yellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin in Kansas wrote:

I was thinking of using the rules for the extra dice part of the expansion the next time I play the base game. I just need to add some extra dice that aren't white, black, red, or yellow.

And it is just a die that can't be purchased, yes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
August222 wrote:
Kevin in Kansas wrote:

And it is just a die that can't be purchased, yes?

That's my understanding. It sure would be easy to try this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.