Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I played the first three scenarios over the weekend, and I reread the rules last night. We got a LOT wrong...

1. Forgot to pull the two molotovs, Ma's shot gun, and the 'Evil Twins' from the deck.

2. We allowed multiple searches per turn. Only ONE search per turn (per survivor) is allowed.

3. We were discarding excess hits on an attack, effectively only allowing one zombie to die per action. This made scenario 1 virtually impossible - doh! blush

4. With Nick's toughness, we were allowing the zombie to snatch one equipment card.

Had lots of fun, tho. Next play we will get it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Cochran
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our main mistakes were:
1. Not always noticing a spawn card was a manhole version.

2. Not having the 'dog pile' effect when you've got overkill from lots of zombies attacking in one space (i.e. all zombies attack and kill one survivor, even if there are multiple survivors in the space and enough damage to hurt/kill several of them.). Anyone disagree with this?

3. Confusing "+1 die" and "+1 die roll"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SethCochran wrote:
2. Not having the 'dog pile' effect when you've got overkill from lots of zombies attacking in one space (i.e. all zombies attack and kill one survivor, even if there are multiple survivors in the space and enough damage to hurt/kill several of them.). Anyone disagree with this?

I disagree. the "dog pile" effect only takes place once all the survivors in the zone have been killed. It doesn't mean that the zombies only ever kill a single survivor in a zone, wasting their remaining actions on feasting on the corpse while other survivors in the same zone just stare in horror. No, they first kill everyone in the zone, and the "dog pile" effect just means that any zombies in the zone with actions left don't leave the zone searching for other survivors, they join in the feast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
SethCochran wrote:

3. Confusing "+1 die" and "+1 die roll"

Help me out: what is the difference and where are the two terms used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means "+1 die" (roll an additional die) and "+1 [to] dice roll" (your roll is 1 higher). For an example, see Amy at Red level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Cochran
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes.

One adds 1 to die rolls. The other adds an additional die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Taylor
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:

I disagree. the "dog pile" effect only takes place once all the survivors in the zone have been killed. It doesn't mean that the zombies only ever kill a single survivor in a zone, wasting their remaining actions on feasting on the corpse while other survivors in the same zone just stare in horror. No, they first kill everyone in the zone, and the "dog pile" effect just means that any zombies in the zone with actions left don't leave the zone searching for other survivors, they join in the feast.

Wow... I really thought you were wrong on this one so I re-read the rules, and darn it, you're right. "If different survivors are on the same Zone, the players share the wounds in the way they prefer. Cooperation also means sharing the pain and suffering." We played this one wrong last night, allowing one survivor to be eaten by 5 Walkers while allowing another survivor to, uh, survive. Poor Doug, he was a great guy.

The confusion for me was the example on the same page that reads "a group of seven Walkers is on the same Zone as a Survivor. The first two Walkers are enough to kill the hapless victim, but the whole group does nothing else. Chow time!" I read "nothing else" literally... meaning not only do they not move, they also don't attack the other person either - they just eat.

Thanks for the tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.