Subject: A:NR Create-A-Card Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Malefact
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It was only a matter of time! I’ve been passing the time waiting for A:NR card spoilers by creating some of my own. cool

The Little Engine That Could
Icebreaker - AI – Fracter – Virus (Shaper)
Cost 8; 1 MU.
Strength 0

$ - Break Barrier subroutine.
$ - Gain X strength, where X is the number of hosted virus counters on this card.

Every time The Little Engine That Could breaks a subroutine, place 1 virus counter on this card.

Chimera v 2.0
ICE: AI – Sentry - Bioroid (HB)
Rez 8
Strength X

X = the number of cards installed on this server.

>>Trace3
>>Deal 1 brain damage
>>End the run

Gorgon’s Eye
ICE: Trap (Jinteki)
Rez 2
Strength 3

If this card is Exposed, the runner loses @, if able.

>>The runner loses @, if able.

Any thoughts? Feel free to add your own cards, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Move to variants, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yit Ng
Malaysia
kuala lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diplomatic Immunity
1 cost
Prevent all meat damage. The Corp may pay 1 Agenda point to cancel this effect until end of turn.

Preferably abstract art as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malefact wrote:
It was only a matter of time! I’ve been passing the time waiting for A:NR card spoilers by creating some of my own. cool

The Little Engine That Could
Icebreaker - AI – Fracter – Virus (Shaper)
Cost 8; 1 MU.
Strength 0

$ - Break Barrier subroutine.
$ - Gain X strength, where X is the number of hosted virus counters on this card.

Every time The Little Engine That Could breaks a subroutine, place 1 virus counter on this card.

At 0 strength and no way to increase it, I don't see this breaker getting its first Virus counter ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SHODAN

Cost X : Strength 5 (Tri-Optimum)
ICE - AI - Sentry - Bioroid
Runner may spend 1 click to break each subroutine on SHODAN.
-> Do 1 brain damage.
-> Do 1 brain damage.
-> Trash any active card in the Runner's rig.
SHODAN may be advanced.
When rezzed, put X advancement counters on SHODAN.
At the start of your turn, either remove one Advancement counter from SHODAN, or immediately lose the game.
"L-L-Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malefact
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Move to variants, please?

Octavian has kindly moved it over since I misposted it

yitjuan wrote:
Diplomatic Immunity
1 cost
Prevent all meat damage. The Corp may pay 1 Agenda point to cancel this effect until end of turn.

Preferably abstract art as well

Hahah, I was thinking of "lethal weapon" art, myself.
I suppose that the only time the Corp would want to cancel this would be when they're almost certain they'll be able to flatline the runner with their next effects. Hmm. Would 3-4 damage be worth an agenda point? If you're focusing on flatlining to win, then maybe. Also, I think this would have to be a Unique, 'cause thematically, you couldn't be double immune.

manydills wrote:

At 0 strength and no way to increase it, I don't see this breaker getting its first Virus counter ever.

I was thinking that it could be combo'd with something that reduces the strength of ice, like Wyrm:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/android-netrun...

Presuming that ice is allowed to be strength 0?

bhz1 wrote:
SHODAN

Oh My Gosh. SHODAN. This card is so so cool! Although...almost certainly a mistake to play. But therein I think lies the point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
yitjuan wrote:
Diplomatic Immunity
1 cost

Preferably abstract art as well :)

You know when I first looked at it I didn't like it but now I think it would make an interesting Resource for a runner. Then the Corp would be able to trash it if you were tagged. You could even remove the Agenda point requirement in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malefact wrote:
bhz1 wrote:
SHODAN

Oh My Gosh. SHODAN. This card is so so cool! Although...almost certainly a mistake to play. But therein I think lies the point

It's in the spirit of those "loan / sell your soul" cards from the original NR where you get a very powerful effect for very little effort, but if you can't hurry up and win shortly thereafer, you're going to have to keep feeding the monkey. If you can't feed the monkey, that's when the monkey hijacks your FTL spaceship and uses the engine output to reshape the space-time continuum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
SHODAN

Cost X : Strength 5 (Tri-Optimum)
ICE - AI - Sentry - Bioroid
Runner may spend 1 click to break each subroutine on SHODAN.
-> Do 1 brain damage.
-> Do 1 brain damage.
-> Trash any active card in the Runner's rig.
SHODAN may be advanced.
When rezzed, put X advancement counters on SHODAN.
At the start of your turn, either remove one Advancement counter from SHODAN, or immediately lose the game.
"L-L-Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors."

Bioroid ICE is Haas-Bioroid's baby.
Agenda-boosting ICE is Weyland's thing.

To be honest, with the game loss effect, I wouldn't bother with this. As an ICE it's defensive, and yet the Runner can Turtle, or run a different server, and thus never encounter it. It has such a high drain on resources (essentially 2 actions per turn) that it would kill the Corp well before it would ever do anything useful to the Runner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
To be honest, with the game loss effect, I wouldn't bother with this. As an ICE it's defensive, and yet the Runner can Turtle, or run a different server, and thus never encounter it. It has such a high drain on resources (essentially 2 actions per turn) that it would kill the Corp well before it would ever do anything useful to the Runner.

Suggestions for tweaks? My intent was to have a cheap AND powerful ICE that gave you a surefire protection for agenda advancement, but that forced you to hurry up and do it without delay. Perhaps removing the Bioroid tagline/effect entirely would give it more bite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Suggestions for tweaks? My intent was to have a cheap AND powerful ICE that gave you a surefire protection for agenda advancement, but that forced you to hurry up and do it without delay. Perhaps removing the Bioroid tagline/effect entirely would give it more bite.

I'm going to reserve judgement on costing these types of things until we get a complete card manifest - I'm still unclear on the power/cost ratios on a few things.

Just as it stands, I'd never include this card because it would mean an inevitable, yet delayed, loss for the Corp once rezzed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Ice whose strength can be increased by advancement counters is Weyland's thing.

I always saw SHODAN as being like Nivenyrral from classic - unique node that gave you an extra action that was cheap to rez and expensive to trash... but if it ever left play, you'd lose the game.

The SHODAN here needs a couple more routines and/or a higher strength if she's going to lose you the game. She wouldn't be bad behind Matrix Analyzer and in front of a fort the Runner *has* to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

I would put there another subroutine, probably direct end run. That way hacker could not break everything with just clicks, but will choose what will hit him, or go for classic break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ffaristocrat wrote:

I always saw SHODAN as being like Nivenyrral from classic - unique node that gave you an extra action that was cheap to rez and expensive to trash... but if it ever left play, you'd lose the game.

The SHODAN here needs a couple more routines and/or a higher strength if she's going to lose you the game. She wouldn't be bad behind Matrix Analyzer and in front of a fort the Runner *has* to attack.

The runner doesn't HAVE to attack anything if you install a power-mad AI that will eat you from the inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ffaristocrat wrote:

True, but here the advancement is just buying you time before she goes crazy and kills everyone. It doesn't improve the abilities of the ICE in any way. I guess you could reword it to "hosted counters" but then there's a lot more text having to define how you can add counters to her. Plus, having it be advanceable means you can keep her existence a secret while you spend time building her prison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
ffaristocrat wrote:

True, but here the advancement is just buying you time before she goes crazy and kills everyone. It doesn't improve the abilities of the ICE in any way. I guess you could reword it to "hosted counters" but then there's a lot more text having to define how you can add counters to her. Plus, having it be advanceable means you can keep her existence a secret while you spend time building her prison.

Changing it to:

[Credit]: Put a 'maintenance' token on SHODAN

fixes half the problem though, which is that currently she eats two clicks (one to gain a credit, one to advance her) per turn.

Paid for abilities of installed cards can be used at any time, so you can feed her ahead of schedule, or she's just a single credit drain per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
bhz1 wrote:
ffaristocrat wrote:

Changing it to:

[Credit]: Put a 'maintenance' token on SHODAN

fixes half the problem though, which is that currently she eats two clicks (one to gain a credit, one to advance her) per turn.

Paid for abilities of installed cards can be used at any time, so you can feed her ahead of schedule, or she's just a single credit drain per turn.

Yeah, that actually makes a bit more sense. Spending eleventy-threeve when you rez is your way of front-loading your timer, and so there's no need for additional prepping methods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I did include this in a deck, it *would* be overwritten eventually and voluntarily trashed, since there's no restriction against that.

To that end, I wouldn't even allow the Corp to boost her later, just have her self-trash after her timer runs out.

I know the point is to have a 'game loser' of some sort, but as written I'd just replace her with a Wall of Static and wave at her in the Archives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Twentier
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
How about, "At the beginning of your turn, remove an advancement counter from SHODAN or trash this ice. When SHODAN is trashed by any action other than that originating from the runner, you lose the game and forfeit all agenda points gained up to this point."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edwin20er wrote:
How about, "At the beginning of your turn, remove an advancement counter from SHODAN or trash this ice. When SHODAN is trashed by any action other than that originating from the runner, you lose the game and forfeit all agenda points gained up to this point."

Thus making it a card that should never be included in a Corp deck.

You cannot make a piece of ICE an autoloss for the Corp, they are ineffective in the end game, and the strength/power/ability of this card as listed are not worth an autoloss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
SHODAN

Cost X : Strength 4
ICE - AI - Sentry
Weyland - 3 inf

-> Do 1 brain damage.
-> Trace (5) - if trace is successful trash 2 programs or one piece of hardware
-> End the run

When rezzed, put X Hosted counters on SHODAN.
At the start of your turn, either remove one Hosted counter from SHODAN or pay one agenda point. If you can not pay the agenda point you lose the game.
Y Credits: Add Y hosted counters to SHODAN

No idea on balance, but these are my suggested tweaks to Shodan. The way it's written now it's basically one-shot ICE. Rez with one bit in the runner's turn, pay the advancement counter and immediately over-write. Str 4 is enough to block Mimic, and will cost Ninja the same 6 bits as Str 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Twentier
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
byronczimmer wrote:
Edwin20er wrote:

Thus making it a card that should never be included in a Corp deck.

You cannot make a piece of ICE an autoloss for the Corp, they are ineffective in the end game, and the strength/power/ability of this card as listed are not worth an autoloss.

That's exactly what it's listed as above, sell your soul for power now, and feed the demon every turn until it consumes you. An autoloss is exactly what it seems to want to be... I agree that in the line I quoted it should never be played. I'm pretty sure that this card either should never be played, or be a 3 of in every corp deck.

If the ice can be rewritten, then the runner has to have the ability to break it with something other than a sentry breaker, or no runner can afford to run without a 5 strength sentry breaker and the creds to break it (if the corp has even 1 bit available). So either it's an autoloss, which makes it horrible, or a 1-cost, 1-shot 2 Brain Damage Op that trashes a program in the runner's rig and gets discarded after use. SHODAN doesn't strike me as he'd like that very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edwin20er wrote:
If the ice can be rewritten, then the runner has to have the ability to break it with something other than a sentry breaker, or no runner can afford to run without a 5 strength sentry breaker and the creds to break it (if the corp has even 1 bit available). So either it's an autoloss, which makes it horrible, or a 1-cost, 1-shot 2 Brain Damage Op that trashes a program in the runner's rig and gets discarded after use. SHODAN doesn't strike me as he'd like that very much.

Ninja is essentially a 5 strength icebreaker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We Can Remember It for You Wholesale

Faction: Corp NBN
Type: Agenda: Ambush
Advancement Cost: 5
Agenda Points: 3

When the Runner accesses We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, he suffers 1 brain damage (cannot be prevented), trashes all remaining cards in his hand, then draws until he refreshes his hand to its maximum size if possible.
Did I forget something?

—————

I would not access this Agenda when protected by Red Herrings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reed makamson
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
Blood Money
Faction: Weyland, influence:5
type:ICE - Trap - Observer
Cost:0
Strength:5
->give runner a tag, take 1 bad publicity, and trash blood money.
Blood money can be advanced, it has +1 strength for every advancement counter on it and its subroutine gives the runner an additional tag for every two advancement counters on it.

Garbage Man
Faction: NBN, influence:5
Type:ICE - Sentry - Tracer - Observer
Cost:8
Strength:4
Whenever runner encounters Garbage Man, give him a tag, if runner has any tags.
Garbage Man has +1 strength, +1 trace, and an additional "->End the run." subroutine for every tag the runner has.
->trace 5-if successful, give runner a tag.

Oracle
Faction: Jinteki, influence:5
Type:ICE - code gate
Cost:8
Strength:6
->put a power counter on Oracle
->put a power counter on Oracle
->End the Run
Power counter from Oracle:prevent the runner from drawing a card.

Odin 1.0
Faction:Haas-Bioroid, influence:5
Type: ICE - Sentry - Bioroid - Destroyer
Cost:10
Strength:7
runner may pay one click to break any subroutine on Odin 1.0
->corp may draw a card
->corp may immediately install one card, paying normal credit costs
->corp may pay 1 credit to place an advancement counter on any card that can be advanced
->trash 1 program
->end the run
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.