Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The map tiles in my game came out of the box slightly warped. It's not terrible but it becomes noticeable when placed together. Hopefully this will get better or at least stay the same, and not get worse.

What are you seeing in your sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Seale
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, a couple of mine are slightly warped. Like you said, not terrible, but noticeable when the board is set up. I'm slightly worried about how they will stand up with use over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were straight, got a bit warped on the first plays, but now (few weeks of play) seem to have settled on completely straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Marx
United States
Tarpon Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine started warping a bit. I gently back bent them and haven't had a problem since.

Full disclosure: I live in humid South Florida so most of my boards warp to one degree or another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine have a slight warp to them too, nothing too extreme but it's there. Hope it goes away after playing a few times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
Put a big book collection on mine, straightened them out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Taylor
United States
Camino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are also warped after being out of the box for a few hours. I'm certain that this is from humidity. I had this problem with a different game, and the tiles never straightened out. I noticed that the cars are also slightly warped, but that shouldn't be a big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, my tiles from the box were also fine. They've been out for a day and they're still flat... I'd say it's been above average humidity in Chicago, but it has been cool.

I haven't opened the extra tile set yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My board tiles have noticeably warped as well. I had the same problem with Settlers of Catan way back when, and those tiles eventually flattened back out, so here's hoping...

Quite disheartening to watch them get worse and worse over the course of a single game though, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ferrer
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My boards warped a little this weekend but seemed to have settled a bit and flattened out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine have warped more and more over four plays. It's pretty dry during winter here so it's not humidity for me. I hope they start to lay flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep mine stored in the little cardboard tray they came in, in the bottom of the box under the plastic containers I have my zombies and counters in. No warping on mine so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erathor Erathor
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stored my tiles at the original box bottom too, yet it warped a little bit. I try to straighten it by putting a few hard cover books on top of it. My place is hot and humid, I stay in Malaysia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
Mine have warped more and more over four plays. It's pretty dry during winter here so it's not humidity for me. I hope they start to lay flat.

Actually that is the problem, since it was packed during high humidity.

Cardboard warps when it gets drier, which is exactly what your conditions are.

Might i suggest putting it into some humidor like condition for a bit, taking it out, and letting it dry with a heavy object on top. That should help.

Don't overdo the humidor part though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foksieloy wrote:
thor0298 wrote:

Actually that is the problem, since it was packed during high humidity.

Cardboard warps when it gets drier, which is exactly what your conditions are.

Might i suggest putting it into some humidor like condition for a bit, taking it out, and letting it dry with a heavy object on top. That should help.

Don't overdo the humidor part though.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistiff

Addison
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually just came to the site to ask this as well. The corners will begin to warp up and off the table for me every time I play. but stack em up when done and they all settle down except the top one. Next session and it starts to warp up again. I just don't get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.