North Dakota
flag msg tools
Nomads (action)
+5 cards
Discard 5 cards.
Cost: 5

Rebels (action - attack)
+2 cards
Each other player reveals 2 cards from their hand. They trash one of your choice and put the other on top of their deck.
Cost: 4

Miners (action)
+1 action
Reveal cards from your deck until you've revealed 3 2 action cards.Put them into your hand and discard the rest.
Cost: 5 6

Merchant Guild (action)
+1 coin
Choose one: +2 cards, or +2 coin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spamming Rebels is quite silly.

Presumably this degenerates into a race to see who can get rid of the other guy's cards first.

How about adding a 'replace with' option like Saboteur?

Additionally, they should be able to draw back up to 5 cards, or you should only be able to affect them if they have 5+ cards in hand, as the hand will quickly disappear otherwise.

Edit- you should also reverse the order of ops on Rebels-

I would say:
choose one to put back, then choose one to trash. This prevents someone from losing their last card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thurlg4 wrote:

Miners (action)
+1 action
Reveal cards from your hand until you've revealed 3 action cards.Put them into your hand and discard the rest.

Wut?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Thurlow
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Fixed that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thurlg4 wrote:
Nomads (action)
+5 cards
Discard 5 cards.

This card may be balanced, but I think choosing 5 cards to discard is going to take way too long in practice anytime you have an action remaining. Also, it's too similar to Embassy to be interesting.

Quote:

Rebels (action - attack)
+2 cards
Each other player reveals 2 cards from their hand. They trash one of your choice and put the other on top of their deck.
Cost: 4

This is going to completely wipe out players' turns when played multiple times. There are a bunch of other things wrong with it, but that's the first thing you'd have to fix.

Quote:

Miners (action)
+1 action
Reveal cards from your deck until you've revealed 3 action cards.Put them into your hand and discard the rest.

Just +3 Cards/+1 Action would already be an incredible power card. This draws three cards and they're all Actions? You'd always buy this whenever you had at least $5 until the entire stack was gone. Also, digging for 3 Action cards would often take a while to do in a bloated deck.

Quote:

Merchant Guild (action)
+1 coin
Choose one: +2 cards, or +2 coin.

This one may be balanced, but it doesn't seem at all interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Thurlow
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
There's just too much stuff wrong with rebels, so I'm not going to bother with it. I changed Miners enough for it not to be superpowered, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Schlak

New York
msg tools
mbmbmb
Miners is the Adventurer of engines. Way too strong. Make it cost 7, or make it a potion card. The latter is probably actually a really cool card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morrow
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I like the psychology of Rebels; it's a bit like using the "I cut, you choose" rule in strategy games. The criticisms of it are true but I think the card is salvageable. After all, Rogues and Knights mean that forced-trashing-with-no-replacement is doable (well, apart from the infamous KC-Masquerade) in a way that doesn't guarantee total depletion of the other player's deck. I suppose the simplest fix is one of Mike Miller's: restrict the attack to affect only players with five or more cards in hand. Even then the card would be superior to Militia, so perhaps it should cost more or have a weaker benefit.

Nomads and Merchant Guild are fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.