Subject: Luftlande MG42 Team rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carroll Best
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased SMG Days of Days, RTC,Normandy expansion and a bunch of the soldier sets. So far, I love the game!! My question is with the German MG42 Team. On the box it says that it comes with 1 MG soldiers, 1 ammo assistant and 2 mauser soldiers. Of my 2 Mauser soldiers, Mehler's 153-750) action card states that he has an MG42 as well as Bachmeier (who actually is holding an MG42. My question is whether or not the misprint on Mehler's card of the weapon that he's carrying effects his stats in any way? Just wondering if I should request a new card for his character or if it doesn't really matter. Thanks for your replies!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compare his stats to other riflemen, MG assist normally has mauser/gewehr 98 or maybe MP40.
They should be noticeable different. As you place the miniatures on the bases the misprint may be on Bachmeier. The range will be a giveaway and rifle armed soldiers won't have use hit+. Long range should be about 18sq for a MG42 and around 12sq for a rifle. VP for a MG42 is about 7 and 3 for a rifleman.

If the stats are close those of a MG42 I would ask for new cards and base, as they will probably need a new dog tag no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Belli
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just to get this straight lets look at all 4 soldiers that came in your German LMG Team pack.

One should say under his name in the broad white box at the top of his soldier card:

MG42

The assist should read from Left to Right:

MG Assist Mauser98

The 2 rifles soldiers should read under the name:

Mauser98

Let me know what you have.

- Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carroll Best
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You both Jerry and Rob for your comments. I will start with Jerry. The Vp's for Mehler and Bachmeier both are at 8, while Schneider ( mauser98 ) and Fisher ( MG assist mauser98 ) are both at 3. Rob, The cards read across: Bachmeier--MG42, (MG42 Box) Mehler--MG42, ( Mauser Rifle Soldier Box ), Schneider--MG Assist Mauser 98 ( MG42 Box ), Fisher--( MG Assist Mauser 98 ( Mauser Rifle Soldier Box ). Mehler's figure is also leaning very much over sideways ( to his right )on the green base that glues to the dog tag. I wasn't sure if that was correct either. I'm also adding pics that I took ( sorry,if they're not the best quality). I took pics of the soldiers cards, as well as the actual figures. ( Hopefully you can tell that Mehler is leaning over very far). Thanks again!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, you got 2 machine gunners and 2 assistant machine gunner sets of cards from one Machine Gun package? And then got 1 machine gunner figure, 1 asst. figure and to regular soldiers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carroll Best
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I didn't even think about getting two assistant cards, I noticed the two MG42 cards and had my original question. I kind of went crazy buying all the sets, both assault squads, two teams for each side and one leader for each side. I was lucky to not be sleeping on the couch for a long time... I'm loving the game though!! I guess I should check all of the soldiers, but I haven't had enough people playing yet to use them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Belli
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So we accidentally got an extra MG42 w/ Assist instead of a Rifle pair.

We will be contacting you further through email to correct the problem.

- Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carroll Best
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the meantime,try not to shoot off all your ammo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tinweasel 2
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While you're at it, you might want to correct "Fisher" and write "Fischer" instead, as "Fisher" is English, not German.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob,

Should an assistant always have the word assist in his title box?

My LMG team had 2x Mauser 98, 1x MG42, 1x Mauser Karabiner 98 (I assumed this is the assistant).

If so Rob I can contact you with info on this soldier.

Thanks!

Rob K. (Since there's two of us )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The early soldiers did not have "assistant" on their cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with it not being on the card as it allows me to designate any soldier as the assistant at the beginning of a battle. If there is something tied to the stats that require a certain soldier to be the assistant that would be different.

-Rob K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just make the assistant gunner stay adjacent to the MG'r for him to get his Hit+ ability, and the Asst Gunner can't Shoot. If I have a chance to Shoot with like 5 soldiers but only have 4 including the Asst Gunner, I will announce that the Asst Gunner is a shooting that turn and the MG'r loses his Hit+ for the rest of the turn, even if they are still adjacent.

There was no rules about how these two soldiers work together, so we kind of figured out what could work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Aw, crap; gonna be sore in the morning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
There was no rules about how these two soldiers work together, so we kind of figured out what could work.
Does anyone (cough, cough, Rob?) from LBG feel like spilling the official beans on how the equipment and tactics expansion is going to handle machine gunners and their assistants? I'd like to know how to do this correctly as soon as possible please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I will begin the Equipment and Tactics preview discussion next week. We have team members in the field gathering information we need for the Christmas season and next year. They will start returning to the office Sunday and will all be back by Labor Day.

What will come in Equipment and Tactics is the following:

Three different Squad organizations (4 to 6 teams per squad).
and one Platoon HQ with 5 to 6 teams with a LT.

For example, 1st Squad may have a 4 man MG Team that can allow up to 1 MG, and two Assistants plus a security SMG. It may have a Maneuver Team, requiring a Sergeant and two Grenadiers each armed with a minimum of 3 grenades and two other soldiers. It may have a Scout Team, requiring trained Scouts...(Soon to be released) and one to two other soldiers.

Each team has ORGANIZATION cards that are added into the Action Deck that allow better teamwork within the squad and are played from the hand in addition to the normal Action cards. The ORGANIZATION Cards allow for team behaviors in the game - like MG teams firing like they are capable of firing. When a soldier in a team is eliminated his card is removed from the mat and handed to the other player, when that happens HAZARD ICONS are exposed by the team mat and cause certain cards to be unplayable. They become deadwood in your deck and slow the squads play. Organization Cards confer the benefits and hazards of teamwork.

TACTICS are cards that can be added to the Action Deck. They are either part of a soldier like a Scout or a part of one of the Teams and hence attached to the team mat. Tactics have negative VP when you play them they are placed in your VP pile and spend VP to gain a tactical advantage.

The last type of card is a COMMAND card. These are playable by Sergeants and have effects on the integrity of the squad - mostly around rally, holding cards and drawing cards, however based on the organization they can included directing fire and movement. The Luftlande is a Light Infantry force and was tightly controlled by the NCOs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I am saving my money for more SMG goodness, but don't want to use it on Assault packs (that I don't have yet) if there's some other stuff around that corner that I may want more. Ugh! Decisions, decisions.

Is there any time limit on getting the 2 character soldiers and new boarder free with our next order? I don't want to miss those by waiting for Equipment and Tactics, or Scouts for that matter too! My friend John met with Rob at GenCon and got his replacement cards for the ones in the old game with like 3 shoot cards total. He told me that Rob gave him the 2 characters and new boarder too. I hope to make some kind of order in the near future, but don't know when other stuff is going to be available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Hmmm... I am saving my money for more SMG goodness, but don't want to use it on Assault packs (that I don't have yet) if there's some other stuff around that corner that I may want more. Ugh! Decisions, decisions.

Is there any time limit on getting the 2 character soldiers and new boarder free with our next order? I don't want to miss those by waiting for Equipment and Tactics, or Scouts for that matter too! My friend John met with Rob at GenCon and got his replacement cards for the ones in the old game with like 3 shoot cards total. He told me that Rob gave him the 2 characters and new boarder too. I hope to make some kind of order in the near future, but don't know when other stuff is going to be available.

I'm in the same boat, Greg. I just ordered my assault teams and then heard about the other characters and new border. I'm hoping the new E&T deck will come out soon so I can order it, a few more soldiers, and get the upgrades.

Maus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Todd, not knowing release dates for various things is keeping me from ordering anything right now. I'd like to know how to budget for things that are available now versus what will be available in a month, 3 months or 6 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Belli
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hahma wrote:

If you make an order now, you will receive the new borders and leaders with the purchase. This is good for ANYONE who is an existing customer with a Day of Days or Road to Carentan owner prior to July 1st 2012 or received the 8 soldier set after that date.

Equipment and Tactics is not literally around the corner in terms of release. It is in concept/development phase and Jeff will be previewing things as they flesh out. The E&T will be something that will add a TON of depth to the game. We want to make sure its finished when time for production comes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rbelli wrote:
Hahma wrote:

If you make an order now, you will receive the new borders and leaders with the purchase. This is good for ANYONE who is an existing customer with a Day of Days or Road to Carentan owner prior to July 1st 2012 or received the 8 soldier set after that date.

Equipment and Tactics is not literally around the corner in terms of release. It is in concept/development phase and Jeff will be previewing things as they flesh out. The E&T will be something that will add a TON of depth to the game. We want to make sure its finished when time for production comes.

Thanks Rob.

I believe you met my buddy John at GenCon to give him replacement cards for his older soldier cards that came with the game he bought. He said he got the other two soldiers and the new borders. That was very cool of you. cool

Now that it doesn't seem like there will be anything new for quite awhile, perhaps I'll have to order some assault packs sooner rather than later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Aw, crap; gonna be sore in the morning...
mbmbmbmbmb
rbelli wrote:
Utmost Respect! (Taking care of early customers.) cool

rbelli wrote:
The E&T will be something that will add a TON of depth to the game.
Awesome! (This game already has depth.)

rbelli wrote:
We want to make sure its finished when time for production comes.
Outstandingly Brilliant! (Always willing to wait for polished excellence.)

Hahma wrote:
perhaps I'll have to order some assault packs sooner rather than later.
More soldiers to custom build with AND free stuff!? (Get 'er done!) laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carroll Best
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update, Rob sent out the replacements, which I got today. New cards for the MG42 Team ( Mauser squad ) and figures to replace the leaning figures. Thanks so much again Rob and Lost Battalion for your help!! The Customer Service is great!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.