Toebus
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Best card in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played Wits and Wagers using only the 1 point chips? I got the idea when watching the review for the party edition. Seems like it would be a lot easier while playing with a large group. Especially since I can never seem to remember the denominations.

I know I'd probably need additional red chips to play this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wits & Wagers Party only uses 1 denomination of chips, and I think it's an improvement. But sometimes it's more of a pain with the original, because getting over 100 points on the last turn happens fairly often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toebus
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Best card in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Wits & Wagers Party only uses 1 denomination of chips, and I think it's an improvement. But sometimes it's more of a pain with the original, because getting over 100 points on the last turn happens fairly often.

Thanks! Would it break anything though? Seems like it would keep scores lower/closer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
toebus wrote:
domcrap wrote:

Thanks! Would it break anything though? Seems like it would keep scores lower/closer.

I don't understand how it would keep the scores closer. 100 points is 100 points regardless of whether you use 100 red poker chips (1 point each) or 20 blue poker chips (5 points each).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toebus
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Best card in the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
toebus wrote:
domcrap wrote:

I don't understand how it would keep the scores closer. 100 points is 100 points regardless of whether you use 100 red poker chips (1 point each) or 20 blue poker chips (5 points each).

I see what you're saying. Got confused for a sec. Thanks for the reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.