Hide
14 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dual Sawed Off rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raziel XM
msg tools
My question is what to do when you are dual wielding sawed off shotguns. They have the "Special- takes 1 action to reload. Free in the end phase." So, obviously you are meant to only fire once per turn, unless you take an extra action to reload. What if you are dual wielding? Do you reload both for one action?

As far as thematically, I could see it either way: it would take twice as long to reload two shotguns. But, at the same time, two actions worth of reloading seems a bit excessive, and severely limits the usefulness of dual wielding the sawed offs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you can fire both with one action, you can reload both with one action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Seale
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
I think if you can fire both with one action, you can reload both with one action.

That's how we've been playing it. I love dual sawed-offs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing it that you reload both with a single action. Basically just copying the dual wielding rules. Whenever you take a fire action, you shoot both guns...why not the same when reloading?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The dual symbol combines weapons so they act as one weapon according to the rules so yes, dual sawed-offs fire as one (roll 4 dice) and they reload in one action.

EDIT: What Matt said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raziel XM
msg tools
Thanks for the feedback, guys. It makes sense to reload both at the same time. I just wanted to check and see what other people thought because I'd hate to think I'm "cheating" at a single player/ co-operative game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One important thing to remember is that the free reload only takes place at the end of the whole phase. So if you fire the Sawed-off, then pass it over to another survivor, he'll still have to spend one action to reload it before firing it himself in that same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Perrochon
msg tools
designer
publisher
Designer of "Startup Fever"
badge
Designer of "Startup Fever".
mbmbmbmbmb
So "free in end phase" means free reload at end of turn?

I interpreted it as free when you get into the red and you have to always reload. We flipped the card when it was fired, but not reloaded. You can trade the flipped card, but it remains flipped.

And we also played one action to reload both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No no, "free in the end of phase" means it's automatically reloaded when the Players' phase ends and the Zombies' phase begins. So you always start the Players' phase with the weapons loaded.

Flipping the card is a good idea. I think I'll start turning it upside down, so you can still know what the card is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitsune Vasquez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Can other guns be fired more than once or do all require a reload? I see no rules about being required to reload at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitsunevasquez wrote:
Can other guns be fired more than once or do all require a reload? I see no rules about being required to reload at all.

Weapons that require reload say so on their cards (Sawed Off, Ma's Shotgun).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All guns can be fired as many times as you have actions left. The only guns that need to reload, or that can only be fired once per round, are those that say so in their cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Diament
United States
California
flag msg tools
Razielxm wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, guys. It makes sense to reload both at the same time. I just wanted to check and see what other people thought because I'd hate to think I'm "cheating" at a single player/ co-operative game.

That's the beauty of a coop game. There really isn't "cheating." You can make it easier for yourself and the group, but "cheating" doesn't give you an advantage over other players. As long as everyone agrees with the rules, I see no problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dual Sawed Offs are amazing.

Dual Sawed Offs with Plenty of Ammo are ridiculous.

Dual Sawed Offs with Plenty of Ammo wielded by Red-zone Phil is a wet dream come true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.