6 Posts

BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Zaamassal and Paradigm of Distortion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
delios shadowsoul
msg tools
mbmb
Paradigm of Distortion says his attacks automatically hit at range 4,5,or 6. Is that intended to mean that any attack, regardless of the attacks actual range, will hit an opponent if you have the correct distance of 4-6? And if i am understanding this wrong, if i could get an explanation of the actual mechanics i would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Even an attack at range 1 will be considered to be a hit if Distortion is active and the opponent is at range 4, 5, or 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of this, we encountered a problem with Distortion.

Effects that say "Attacks at range X or greater do not hit" conflict with the wording on this.

Does it work like this:

In effect Zaamassal kind of has 3 Danny Monster tokens at ranges 4, 5 and 6. So in effect, he merely gains those spaces to his range the same way Danny gains range with markers?

As such, if Zaamassal were to use a Strike while on space 1 while the opponent was on space 6, it would hit.

In the same situation, if the opponent has a "Attacks at range 4 or greater do not hit," the Strike would NOT hit?

Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:
Speaking of this, we encountered a problem with Distortion.

Effects that say "Attacks at range X or greater do not hit" conflict with the wording on this.

"DO NOT" effects ALWAYS override "DO" effects.

So the "can't be hit" part of Distortion always applies, and beats out Danny's monsters "do hit" effect.

And Distortion vs Distortion, neither of them can hit at range 4-6 (silly, really)

The same way, gaining Stun Immunity ("you cannot be stunned") will actually cause you to become UNstunned, if you were stunned before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in summary, my original concept was correct?

edit:

Thanks for the reply by the way. So I made the correct judgement during that match.

As for Distortion's 4, 5 and 6 range thing, It does work like Danny's monster markers, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. Distortion means all his attacks have 4-6 in addition to normal range, just as if there were monsters there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.