Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Read
United Kingdom
BATH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When taking a conversion attempt; Preach Sermon or Suppress Heresy one must choose one of the religious struggle areas to affect. The conditions of the conversion attempt then require that "The space is adjacent to a space under [Protestant/Catholic] religious influence ... or is a port connected to a sea zone that contains other ports under [Protestant/Catholic] religious influence. The adjacent space or port may not be in unrest and must have been [Protestant/Catholic] at the start of this step of the procedure."

My question is this: can the space which must be [Protestant/Cathloic] at the start of the turn be from outside of the targeted religious struggle area? For example could the Protestant make a conversioin attempt in Rouen even if there are no other ports in France on the English Channel under protestant religious control, furthermore none of the adjacent French spaces are under protestant religious control, BUT Dover is under protestant religious control and not in unrest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
certain death wrote:
My question is this: can the space which must be [Protestant/Cathloic] at the start of the turn be from outside of the targeted religious struggle area? For example could the Protestant make a conversion attempt in Rouen even if there are no other ports in France on the English Channel under protestant religious control, furthermore none of the adjacent French spaces are under protestant religious control, BUT Dover is under protestant religious control and not in unrest.

Yes! Similarly, the Geneva and Münster* spaces--though not in religious struggle areas at all--can make adjacent spaces that are in religious struggle areas eligible for Protestant conversion. See 2.3 on page 4 of the rules.

* I wasn't intending that to be an exhaustive list of such spaces, just the Protestant ones...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Read
United Kingdom
BATH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Then there's one we got wrong last time - it did seem a little tough on the Protestant player that there last point of relgious influence could be in unrest! I think we played that the last space in each area couldn't go into unrest otherwise it's almost impossible to get back.

Thanks Joel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven French
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that you can always use the English Protestant ports for this purpose as well..they don't have to be in France or the Netherlands to be considered adjacent, just in the same sea zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Read
United Kingdom
BATH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wulf31 wrote:
Remember that you can always use the English Protestant ports for this purpose as well..they don't have to be in France or the Netherlands to be considered adjacent, just in the same sea zone.

Yes that was my question. At the begining of the section on religious struggles it is made clear that you can only affect one area, plus the details of core presence, that is to say the last religious space of that type can never be elimated from an area, led us to incorrectly assume each preach sermon or supress heresy must be discrete to a religious struggle area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.