Subject: Help with Artscow cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ ♫
Italy
ravenna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am designing some mini cards through Artscow.
The problem is:
size is 2' x 2,5' BUT IN the silverlight designer the size is not correct (the cards are too narrow that is, width is too small compared to length) and it makes hard to fit my 600x750 pixels designs.

Any hints about this issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
I design standard cards at 635px x 889px. Height = width x 1.4

Using the same ratio, you may need 600 x 840.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not using Artscow, so I can just make a blind guess. 2x2.5" is a rather strange card format. European mini cards tend to be about 1.75x2.625 inch (rounded to full 1/8 inches). If you're sure you chose the correct option, my best bet would be that the specs advertised on the product page (2x2.5 inch, 600x750px) are wrong. In which case Artscow Customer Service would be the best place to inquire.

Edit: also, 600x750px is exactly 2x2.5inch at 300 dpi, but there's no white/black border, so bleed is needed. Hope the silverlight designer is clear about that concept (cut line, bleed, inner safety frame). If you just want a photo of your baby child on the back of a standard playing deck, most of that is an non-issue, so maybe they chose simplicity over correctness.

PS: If you ask Artscow and receive an answer, please keep us informed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.