Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is with great regret that we must announce that Smash Up will be moved from an August release to a September release. We have worked as hard as possible to get the shipment here in time to go through the distribution channels by the end of August, but it appears as if that will be impossible. The game will be out in very early September, it is on the way right now. Thank you for your understanding.

We will have all the advance copies we shipped over early for sale at Gen Con Indy, so be sure to pick up one there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^...^ ALIEN ^...^
United States
Mcqueeney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boooooocry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah yeah, I'm ready for the boooos. Lob away.

Believe me, if anyone is upset it's me. I want this in people's hands asap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a shame, but the game will still be available in a few scant weeks and I think it will be a huge hit for you.

Out of curiosity, being that I won't get to GenCon until first-thing Friday, and I am DYING to buy this game, do you think there will be some copies left or is the advance order small enough where it will most likely sell out by Thursday night? This is literally the ONLY game that I am 100% keen on purchasing at GenCon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
If it all sells out Thursday I would be amazed (and elated), but I think you'll be ok arriving Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Sad, but it is only a few more weeks. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

How much will the game be sold for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
$30
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Un-like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy B
United Kingdom
Mold
Clwyd
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a purchaser in the UK, does shipment date mean that we can expect to see it a couple of weeks later in the UK? Or are we hoping to see around the same time?

You peeked my interest, so much so that I had to part with my cash. It may be late, but better than never at all.

Looking forward to it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really unfortunate, i feel like the hype was at a perfect level for sales to be boosted right at launch....

hopefully, the gameplay stands up. I totally get the TVasel comment being a game for the King Of Tokyo folks.

Hopefully, those KoT people write the positive reviews and say this one is worth picking up.

I was a Day 1 buy, had a pre-order. Since cancelled it, because now I'll have a good chance to get the reaction from GenCon. Hopefully, it won't be like Quarriors all over again. I feel like no one allowed themselves to say they didn't like that game.

I still don't think I like that game, but I ended up with all the expansions thus far. It's just too pretty/cool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sequella Deville
msg tools
Sheesh, how hard is it to print a bunch of cards?

kidding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sequella wrote:
Sheesh, how hard is it to print a bunch of cards?

Ask Cambridge Games Factory.

/rimshot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bove

New York
msg tools
mbmb
Do you know if Amazon will sell it on release day, or are they delayed, if they sell it at all. I don't trust that my FLGS will get it on release.

I've never actually bought a newly released board game. I'm quite excited, any info would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have they firmed up the release date yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Elliott
United States
West Harrison
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that question. I pre-ordered this one day before it was announced that it was delayed and it's holding up the rest of the stuff I purchased.

It was said previously that it would have an early September release. Seeing now that it's early September, any update on the release date? I don't mind waiting, but I would really like to know what my expectations should be.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Conte
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
Do we have any more news? Still holding up my CSI order, and will remove it soon if keeps this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Elliott
United States
West Harrison
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
petrieslastword wrote:
Do we have any more news? Still holding up my CSI order, and will remove it soon if keeps this way.

Me too. I pre-ordered a day before they pushed the date. The new date looks like it's Oct. 8th (and not early September as previously stated.)

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/851896/smash-up-street-date-...

rsolow wrote:
Greetings All,

Smash Up now as a street date of October 8.

Respectfully,

Robert S. Solow, Ph.D.
CLS Games
Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse

On the publishers website, it now says "Available October" in the upper right hand corner. http://www.alderac.com/smashup/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.