Sven Kaiser
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played several times Bonaparte at Marengo but will probably not be able to try out this game in the coming years because I have no one around me who is willing to invest the time it takes to learn and play Napoleon's Triumph with me (and I'm way too shy to try out Vassal...).

Has anyone heard if there a chances to see an electronic version of either game some day (the platform is not important right now)?

I know of a couple of apps for Android which have a similar look but they use different rules.

My dream would be to have an editor included which would allow me to create my own maps.
And hey, I'm willing to pay above average for such a game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elcomandante wrote:
because I have no one around me who is willing to invest the time it takes to learn and play Napoleon's Triumph with me

I'm certainly not advocating criminal activity on the Internet, but if you have a basement or some other suitably sound-muffling space where cries for help won't be heard, perhaps kidnapping might be an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Cyberboard - that's how iI learned to play (better).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Anderson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know some developers who could build it (maybe first version without AI or very simple one). Anyone know potential investors? I'd be happy to get involved with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is already someone working on an iOS version of NT. Unfortunately, development seems to have stopped, since the developer wanted Bowen Simmons ' blessings before proceeding and was unable to get in touch with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rimmer
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually on a campaign to get more great wargames converted to PC and Ipad\Android.

I know a developer who is willing to go down that route incl AI, but it's finding the right games and getting the designers\publishers onboard.

This is an ideal candidate. Well loved boardgame, can't be played Solo and would look great on the screen.

My ripe for conversion list...

1. Napoleons Triumph
2. Streets of Stalingrad
3. TCS series
4. ATS
5. ASL
6. Wings of War ( WW2 is being made, but I want WW1 and on the PC aswell as on a tablet)
7. Fighting Wings series (been done before, but needs to be done again)
8. Deathride Kursk
9. Bloody April War over Arras 1917
10. Panzer
11. Sergeants Mini's
12. Car wars
13. Formula De
14. Blue Max\canvas eagles
15. Next War:Korea

I'm sure there are many others (I'm not normally a Napoleonic wargamer so I expect I'm missing some great games covering that era that would work well converted). Though funny enough I don't think solo boardgames work well on a PC\Tablet, they lose something in the conversion, Hornet leader and now Phantom leader are examples of this. Plus most people prefer the tactile experience of boardgames so solo games are fine the way they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.