Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Schadenfreude [+] [View All]
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will someone PLEASE tell me how to deal with the raging f*cking hormones of a pregnant woman?

I'm sick of the back and forth already and she is only 8 weeks.

One moment, happy, loving, laughing, appreciative that I do 90% of everything in our lives while she sits on the couch watching baby shows

the next, I joke or say or do one little thing that either is wrong, or just isnt fitting for the moment, etc.. and I'm practically verbally abused and hated on and a piece of shit that does nothing

I seriously have how many more months of this??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't take it personally.

Buy her a fan and know that when menopause hits, she (and you) will be going through this even worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Perfect time to take a fishing trip with a buddy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb

Consider it your 'Training Time'.

When the kid arrives, it will be happy, sad, crying, laughing, back and forth ALL NIGHT LONG.

This is just nature's way to train the male of the species how to deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:

Now is not the time to tell you a pregnancy is actually 10 months is it?

good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wait till the baby comes. All the hormonal issues plus lack of sleep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Let this be a lesson to you:
Never, ever have children.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heron Abroad
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It often gets better with the second trimester. I hope it does for you guys.

But yes, after the baby comes, the two of you will be trying to figure out how to care for this tiny helpless screaming thing while her hormones are still wonky, and that will add to the stress. You might consider paying for placenta encapsulation afterwards (if the idea doesn't gross her out)?
(It might help with any postpartum depression that might ensue)

Also, your description reminds me of an old Friends episode where Phoebe is pregnant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(Your age at death - Your current age) * 12
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HeronAbroad wrote:

Also, your description reminds me of an old Friends episode where Phoebe is pregnant.

Ohhh, so that's where she is getting it from. She is an addict to Friends. No joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
This to shall pass. Eventually. Someday.

Seriously. It will...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mister lunch wrote:
This to shall pass. Eventually. Someday.

Seriously. It will...

When? When I die?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
No.

It will ease up during the pregnancy. Then it comes back.

After the baby though, it starts up again, especially if she breastfeeds.

And that passes too.

What helped me and my wife was friends that we could talk to about it that had been there. You know commiserate and stuff.
And every time, "Oh, yeah, that's normal."

Hopefully she recognizes it too. Cuz that makes for easier smoothing things over... wink, wink, nudge, nudge

if not, man up, boy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just say yes a lot. the worst thing you can do is argue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Festival of Song Birds, Flaming Sudoku, Spirit of Christmas, and Cardboard Perfume Aficionado
msg tools
mb
When I was pregnant for the first time my fatigue was most noticable. Every movement I made felt as if I was pushing through molasses. Not only did I not anticipate this fatigue it went on for much longer than I thought it would. It was frustrating to say the least because, after all, I did have a life. I also had a lot of pain in my hip which only got worse until the baby came. My second pregnancy was nothing like that. I had more energy but I suffered from more naseau and dizzyness. I had no pain in my hip at all. This is to say that every pregnancy is different. The only thing pregnant women have in common is that we are/were all pregnant.
If she snipes at you it could be caused by her physical condition and her expectations for herself. She may be unhappy that she was unable to anticipate how much this pregnancy was going to impact her life.

Or it could be that you are not as in tune with her thoughts and beliefs as you thought you were. Instead of hearing you say 'I do 90% of the work around here much of the time (so you should be grateful)' what she may hear you say is 'even though you have to be 100% pregnant I expect more from you... in fact, I submit that you are lazy and are unfairly taking advantage of your condition'.

What you might try saying is something like 'I can only imagine how you feel so I want to know how I can help you. I know housework is really important to you. I want to give 100% to you and the baby - that goes without saying - but I will try to be more practical for the sake of chores around the house and I need you to help me divide my time up between everything that needs to be done. When you have time to think about it please give me some of your ideas about what's important... so on and so on.....'

Best of luck to you,
Pippi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't sweat it. When she gets upset just blast some Thin Lizzy and do that special dance. It'll smooth everything out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you can get one of these:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pippi Flamingo wrote:
What you might try saying is something like 'I can only imagine how you feel so I want to know how I can help you. I know housework is really important to you. I want to give 100% to you and the baby - that goes without saying - but I will try to be more practical for the sake of chores around the house and I need you to help me divide my time up between everything that needs to be done. When you have time to think about it please give me some of your ideas about what's important... so on and so on.....'

What if I told you she hardly did anything different, than what she is doing now that she is pregnant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:
Will someone PLEASE tell me how to deal with the raging f*cking hormones of a pregnant woman?

One moment, happy, loving, laughing, appreciative that I do 90% of everything in our lives while she sits on the couch watching baby shows

the next, I joke or say or do one little thing that either is wrong, or just isnt fitting for the moment, etc.. and I'm practically verbally abused and hated on and a piece of shit that does nothing

Let it slide and don't act like a jerk. The first trimester is the worse with respect to this. If she's having "raging hormones" now, she's probably in for a rough time after the birth. YOU NEED TO BE SUPPORTIVE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember when TomA and I were traveling, I was feeling very very car sick. We headed through a parking lot when TomA made a screeching halt which sent my nausea to the tipping point.

What made him stop so suddenly?

"Look sweetie, it's a Utah license plate!!!" (yeah, he's geeky THAT way.)

I was furious and lit into him like never before saying things I can't remember, suddenly I was just so frustrated I burst into tears sobbing that I felt so awful and was being so mean to this sweet guy.

As I sat there sobbing, I thought how ridiculous this whole reaction was over a silly license plate and it absolutely cracked me up. I started laughing hysterically at the whole thing.

All this while he sat there frozen, mouth agape, still pointing at the Utah license plate.

Well, anyway, I guess my point is: hang in there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:

Let it slide and don't act like a jerk. The first trimester is the worse with respect to this. If she's having "raging hormones" now, she's probably in for a rough time after the birth. YOU NEED TO BE SUPPORTIVE.

My point that I didn't really delve into I guess, was the fact that I feel like I already am. I am 100% bending over backwards for her and trying to be the Man Above and beyond supportive.

But the one-off's each day, seem to over take and negate all of it in one fail swoop

That's where the frustration lies

But oh well, I'm not the first guy to go through this and I know it is all temporary. It's all a learning experience as well.

lesson learned- no more children after this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Moses Maimonides said it best when he wrote "suck it up, buttercup."

Anyway, she's probably just bitter that she's married to a man who gets the phrase "one fell swoop" wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:

At least for you this is only a phase. I get this from a non-pregnant woman.

Count your blessing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife once broke down into crying babbling hysterics because a fruit store did not have any pears, or apples or something.

It was the funniest thing ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.