Subject: First play: rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) On the spawn cards, sometimes a Fatty has a + on him, other times it doesn't. The rules say that the Fatty always comes with two regular zombies. Was it a mistake that some Fatties do not have a +?

2) When populating the rooms of a newly opened building and you draw a "extra activation" card, do you immediately activate all appropriate zombies even though it is not during their normal turn?

3) When the one player starts with a Pistol, does that come out of the three regular starting weapons (Pistol, Crowbar, Axe) so that only two other characters start with a weapon?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ferrer
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1)The Fatty with a plus represents the Abomination.
2)The way I understood it from the rules is you follow the same rules as the spawn step. If you draw an activation card you perform the activation.
3) It says somewhere in the rules that the starting weapons that get dealt out are in addition to a survivor's starting weapon. So if your survivor starts with a pistol and the gets dealt a pistol, they get two pistols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joeyjoejoeshabadoo wrote:

3) It says somewhere in the rules that the starting weapons that get dealt out are in addition to a survivor's starting weapon. So if your survivor starts with a pistol and the gets dealt a pistol, they get two pistols.

The way I've been playing is if a survivor like Phil who starts with a pistol is chosen, then the other survivors get to draw weapons and not Phil since he already has one. I might be invoking a house rule but I'm not sure. It seems balanced to do it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As the rules say, a survivor's special starting weapon is completely independent from the group's starting equipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a few questions from my play last night and don't want to clutter the forum with more "random questions" threads, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a few here:

1. The rules seem unclear regarding holding multiple non-matched weapons. Can a Survivor hold a Crowbar and a Pistol? Can they use both? Or do they have to use an Action to swap weapons?

2. Just making sure: If a Survivor is dual-wielding pistols and rolls two sixes firing into a zone with two Walkers, that kills both Walkers with the one Action, right?

3. When the Scope and Rifle are combined to make the Sniper Rifle, does the Sniper Rifle only take one inventory slot (like, tuck the Scope under the Rifle), or do you have to keep the two items separately?

4. When a Survivor levels, does the new Perk replace the old one, or does she gradually build up to having 4 separate skills by the time she hits the red?

5. When using an Action point to trade inventory with another Survivor, does the other Survivor need an unspent Action point as well, or is it just one Action point for a single item movement?

Sorry if some of these are answered in the rulebook - I did read it cover to cover when it was posted as a PDF and I did a quick scan to refresh my memory before playing, but these things seemed a little ambiguous. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can hold two different weapons in your hands. The only thing is that when you use an attack action, you must say which weapon you're using. So with 3 actions you could attack with the crowbar, fire a pistol, then use the crowbar again.

2. Correct. One action. One noise token. Two weapons used for two kills.

3. The sniper rifle takes up just one slot. Stack the cards.

4. The skills accumulate. So when you reach Red Level you'll have 4 skills.

5. Only the Survivor initiating the trade needs to spend an action. The recipient gets to take and give cards, as well as reorganize his inventory for free.

All of this is handled in the rulebook, but it's not trouble clarifying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for the reply - I'll give the rulebook another read on the train home today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And 1 question from me:

If survivor use pistol to attack same zone where he stands, can he choose his targets? I mean, does it considered to be ranged attack or melee?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
An attack with a gun is always a ranged attack, no matter what range you're using. Therefore you can't choose targets and you will hit survivors first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.