Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nelson Keeler
United States
Belton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is concerning the Six Nation Area: If the Americans control this area, do the Native American player still get to place the +1 Indian unit? The next question is that the area is controlled by Americans,do fled Indian units stay in fled units box? Thanks to all 1812 fans for a clarification in this matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in over a month but I'm almost certain the rules answered this in the affirmative that Indian units could be placed even in enemy controlled areas. Don't recall what happens to the fled units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The rule says very clearly that you can.

"...and can be placed even if the Native American Muster Areas is occupied by enemy units." Pg 3

Your fled units would stay fled since the muster area is occupied by enemy units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya - Sotho Blue
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caltexn wrote:
I haven't played in over a month but I'm almost certain the rules answered this in the affirmative that Indian units could be placed even in enemy controlled areas.

That isn't correct, but the explanation is a bit tricky.

If the Six Nations area (mustering area for Native Americans) is American controlled, the normal North American enlistment and any fled units will be blocked, but the +1 special enlistment can still be placed. However, the special enlistment must be placed in an area that has another Native American unit present, and an area that has a Native Amerian unit during enlistment placement can't possibly be enemy controlled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.