Lucas Magrum
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm looking for some advice on painting some tiles. If you are unfamiliar with the game, this is what the tiles look like.

It's probably pretty clear what I think needs "fixing". I really wish the blue and green player tiles had red paint on the De-active side like the white and black tiles. It bugs me, so I'm looking to paint them red to match.

This is my first attempt at small scale painting. I don't think it seems too hard, but I would still appreciate tips. First, is there anything I should do to the tile's current white paint OR can I just paint over it? Second, what kind of brush/paint would you suggest and where can I get it. I'm not looking for professional grade equipment as this is likely the only time I would use it.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would a paint pen work, or would the tip be too thick to fit into the etched grooves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a perfect place to use a nice dark red ink wash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

http://jrients.blogspot.com/2009/08/inking-gamescience-dice....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Magrum
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HikariStarshine wrote:
Would a paint pen work, or would the tip be too thick to fit into the etched grooves?

I thought about that, but I don't know if I can get one with a fine enough point to fit into all of the grooves.

aroncraig wrote:
Looks like a perfect place to use a nice dark red ink wash.

Can you tell me what that is? I'm not familiar with an "ink wash". Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Ink wash is really thin mixture of pigment that allows it to flow into cracks - it has the consistency of water color, but when it dries it leaves a dark pigment. I would get something from Games Workshop: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Second topic in the For the Win forum:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/828837/how-to-paint-expansio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Magrum
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KAndrw wrote:

Thank you! Who would have thought to check the For the Win forums... blushblushblush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.