Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Resident Evil Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Jureidini
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm.. seem to have lost a post i made requesting clarification.

So here goes again - but i am adding a bit more :-)

1) Does the text on WEAPONS resolve just for playing the weapon on your turn or do you have to have the required ammo for that weapon first BEFORE using the text on the card?
So for example the text on the rifle states you pick a player to discard a card from their hand. Does this happen only if you have ammo for the rifle or it can be used just for having the rifle in hand (and play)?

2) Since the various actions can be performed in any order, are the two examples correct for one turn (assuming all relevant cards in play):

a) Play a hand with two weapons. Have only enough ammo for one. Explore and use the weapon with ammo. Then play an action card (example: Item management) and upgrade one of the 0 cost ammo to the 30 cost ammo.

b) Play a hand with a grenade and weapon with ammo. Explore and use weapon and grenade to defeat an infected. Trash grenade. Do a buy phase and buy back grenade.

3) Does cards like Police Station and A Gift? force a reshuffle of the discard pile if you run out of cards in your inventory trying to fulfill the text requirements (draw and discard until weapon found and +2 cards respectively)?

4) Spec Ops rifle special is to force all players who have not explored that turn to discard a card from hand. What exactly is a "turn"? Does this special apply to all players until my turn come around again? so if they don't explore they lose a card)

Thanks

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jureidini
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more:

If i do an explore (weapon and ammo), can i do a buy using the gold on the ammo card(s) that were used in the explore - or was that "used up" and lost?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jureidini
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jureidinim wrote:
One more:

If i do an explore (weapon and ammo), can i do a buy using the gold on the ammo card(s) that were used in the explore - or was that "used up" and lost?

Found the answer to this one :-)

Still seeking clarification on the first post
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jureidinim wrote:
1) Does the text on WEAPONS resolve just for playing the weapon on your turn or do you have to have the required ammo for that weapon first BEFORE using the text on the card?
So for example the text on the rifle states you pick a player to discard a card from their hand. Does this happen only if you have ammo for the rifle or it can be used just for having the rifle in hand (and play)?


You need to play the weapon AND have enough ammo to fuel it in order to get the benefit.

Quote:
2) Since the various actions can be performed in any order, are the two examples correct for one turn (assuming all relevant cards in play):

a) Play a hand with two weapons. Have only enough ammo for one. Explore and use the weapon with ammo. Then play an action card (example: Item management) and upgrade one of the 0 cost ammo to the 30 cost ammo.

b) Play a hand with a grenade and weapon with ammo. Explore and use weapon and grenade to defeat an infected. Trash grenade. Do a buy phase and buy back grenade.


If you only have ammo for one weapon, why would you play both?

Item Management can't be used on ammo you played (to use your weapons), only unspent ammo not used and also it "gains" the next expensive ammo, meaning that new ammo goes to your discard pile.

Example B) is right. You can also combo the order with buying say Shotgun, then using Reload to take it from the discard pile.

Quote:
3) Does cards like Police Station and A Gift? force a reshuffle of the discard pile if you run out of cards in your inventory trying to fulfill the text requirements (draw and discard until weapon found and +2 cards respectively)?


I'd say yes.

Quote:
4) Spec Ops rifle special is to force all players who have not explored that turn to discard a card from hand. What exactly is a "turn"? Does this special apply to all players until my turn come around again? so if they don't explore they lose a card)


This weapon is from the Nightmare expansion which I don't have and couldn't find an image of it on BGG, so can't help without the full text.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jureidini
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Rauli.

That really solidifies the rules in those cases for me.

At work now so i can't put the text of the Spec Ops card up for you to see.

If anyone else can help me with the Spec Ops rifle special text it would be appreciated :-)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Kretzmann
Brazil
Jundiaí
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding the last answer, the Spec Ops Rifle says that all other non-exploring character's players discards a card. Since you are using the weapon, it means that you controls the only exploring character, then all other players discard a card. If you explore again and use another Spec Ops Rifle, then all other players discards a card again.

A turn is a time measure wich each player have. A turn begins with the discard phase of the previous player, and begins with your own discard phase.

o/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
jureidinim wrote:
Thanks Rauli.

That really solidifies the rules in those cases for me.

At work now so i can't put the text of the Spec Ops card up for you to see.

If anyone else can help me with the Spec Ops rifle special text it would be appreciated :-)


Here ya go: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120409203644/residen...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.