Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D B
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mb
I can't find this very important detail anywhere here or in the manual.

Being that it's unmanned and you can arm one of them, I'm only guessing the 'structure' and say the 'engine', 'display' hit counters are the only way to damage and lose the drones?

What other hit counters work on this thing?

D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Unmanned Aircraft Hits
The following Hit Counters have no effect on Unmanned Aircraft: Stress, Wounded, Bullet Holes, HUD, and Cannon.

...and Controls obviously doesn't apply.

So Pylon, Attack -1/-2, Display, lots of things still apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 19:

Unmanned Aircraft Hits:

The following hit counters have no effect:

* Stress
* Wounded
* Bullet Holes
* HUD
* Cannon

So that leaves:

* Altitude
* Structure
* Engine
* Display
* Controls
* Attack -1/ -2
* No Standoff
* No Strike

The only three counters to take a predator is a:

* Killed
* Too Many Structure Hits
* Engine Hit and fail the roll on target bound step

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If I understand p24 and 25 correctly, the only weapons a Predator can carry are Hellfires and the Hellfire can't attack at range 0. That means it can't do Strike attacks, so "No Strike" is moot.

Since it could be forced to low altitude and then have to go through a ridge, Controls is relevant and should be placed on the aircraft, right? And Display penalizes stand off attacks so even if it doesn't literally apply it should be placed on the aircraft since it can stand that penalty. Certainly these two counters are not on the "don't apply" list on p19.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mb
Cheers guys, yes apologies - I just checked page 19 again. The rule was neatly tucked away there hehe..

And of course a 'Killed' counter destroys the Predator as well.

Kinda thought it should be in the Aircraft and Ordinance Special Rules section, like the AC-130 has in regards to Hit Counters but that's cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

If I understand p24 and 25 correctly, the only weapons a Predator can carry are Hellfires and the Hellfire can't attack at range 0. That means it can't do Strike attacks, so "No Strike" is moot.

Since it could be forced to low altitude and then have to go through a ridge, Controls is relevant and should be placed on the aircraft, right? And Display penalizes stand off attacks so even if it doesn't literally apply it should be placed on the aircraft since it can stand that penalty. Certainly these two counters are not on the "don't apply" list on p19.

Yes your right, missed that about the hellfire no 0 attack range. So really the "No Strike" won't apply. As the Predator does not suffer stress I then wonder other than the altitude drop and LOS being blocked how the altitude counter really affects the predator.

I would say yes to the standoff counter as it can suffer the ill effect and if it does it can not attack during its next turn (that is if it still has weapons loaded)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Dali wrote:
Cheers guys, yes apologies - I just checked page 19 again. The rule was neatly tucked away there hehe..

Cracks me up because I do the same thing all the time. I've read a rule and know it's there and CANNOT find it until someone points it out or it's referred to in an FAQ... Selective blindness as my wife calls it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.