Hide
9 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Losing Stamina while Unconcious rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Lechstein
msg tools
I just got this game, and I am loving it. However, I ran into a conundrum which my googling and rule checking has not answered.

I was playing a game and my investigator lost all his stamina, so I took away items, put his stamina at 1, and put him lying down in the hospital.

When I drew the mythos card, one of the movements was for the Chthonian. Naturally, given my luck, I rolled for him to his earthquake. However I did not know what to do with my investigator in the hospital. Does he die? Does he stay in the hospital for another turn? Does nothing happen? Please clarify this for me. Thank you.

Also I guess this question would apply to loss of sanity while insane, but I don't know if that can happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once your investigator hits the hospital, loses half his stuff, and resets his Stamina to 1, he is no longer unconscious. So if he somehow loses that 1 Stamina again, he is unconscious all over again...lose half your remaining stuff, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully you took only half the items. Also items are: common, unique and spells.

If you had 1 health and was delayed this happens:
1. Lose half your items (again).
2. Set yourself to one stamina.
3. Move to the hospital and now you are delayed.

You can only be delayed once, so that part gets ignored.

Result: you have even less items, you are still on one stamina and you are still delayed.

Next turn, on your movement phase, you will get up in the hospital and then proceed to have an encounter in the encounters phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going insane or unconscious does not cause you to be delayed. You might be confusing this with going insane or unconscious while in an Other World, which causes you to be Lost in Time and Space. Getting LiTaS causes you to lose your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Going insane or unconscious does not cause you to be delayed.

You are correct. Apologies, I proceeded with the OP example without checking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Darby
United Kingdom
Welshpool
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Going insane or unconscious does not cause you to be delayed.

Just as well, or nothing would get done around here... oh wait, in the game, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fano Pratchett
United States
flag msg tools
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
Once your investigator hits the hospital, loses half his stuff, and resets his Stamina to 1, he is no longer unconscious. So if he somehow loses that 1 Stamina again, he is unconscious all over again...lose half your remaining stuff, etc.

The character only WISHES he were still unconscious when facing the prospect of leaving the hospiral with half his stuff and Stamina 1.

Great, if diabolically designed, game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Going insane or unconscious does not cause you to be delayed. You might be confusing this with going insane or unconscious while in an Other World, which causes you to be Lost in Time and Space. Getting LiTaS causes you to lose your turn.

What it does do is prevent you from having a normal Encounter at the asylum or the hospital, in the event you were knocked unconscious / driven insane during the movement phase.

Basically, getting your 1 point of stamina or sanity back is your Encounter, even though it may happen outside of the Arkham Encounter phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Colour out of Space (from "Dunwich" IIRC) causes a SAN loss the way a Cthonian causes a STA loss.

Also, this rule actually comes from a story by Lovecraft: The Unnamable. The two main characters experience a Dire Thing and wake up, shaken but alive (barely), in the Arkham Hospital goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.