United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
Lame, FFG, very lame. Cut two cards out of the deck and I wouldn't have had to purchase a fourth sleeve pack. Don't tell me that wasn't intentional. I've known George Lucas for way too long to buy that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the plus side, the next game you decide to sleeve will likely take one less pack of small sleeves.

But I agree, when I used to play Magic (where your decks couldn't be less than 60 cards), it always annoyed me to see packs of 50 sleeves. Especially when they had neat backs, since I couldn't use the leftover sleeves for other decks unless I wanted to buy more with the same art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you don't buy the excuse, but you bought the extra pack?

Mission accomplished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gowans
United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdman37 wrote:

Mission accomplished.

Haha! Tooshay! I couldn't have my cards all sleeved but 2. It's as though they had me by the ... well, you know. But you're right. FFG 1, Jacobugath 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
jacobugath wrote:
birdman37 wrote:

Mission accomplished.

Haha! Tooshay! I couldn't have my cards all sleeved but 2. It's as though they had me by the ... well, you know. But you're right. FFG 1, Jacobugath 0.

Sleeves are my 'push the order over the free shipping threshold' item, so I have plenty of extras. But definitely annoying - like the hot dog/bun controversy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gowans
United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
jacobugath wrote:
birdman37 wrote:

Mission accomplished.

Sleeves are my 'push the order over the free shipping threshold' item, so I have plenty of extras. But definitely annoying - like the hot dog/bun controversy!

that's funny cuz I use them for the exact same reason. CSI, spend 10 more bucks and save 15, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be lamer if you needed sleeves for this game.

Unless you're playing on a table you've eaten off of, I don't see any reason to sleeve the cards. I've brought the game to Meetups, game stores, and donut shops, and haven't had any problems.

I've had some water damage to unsleeved cards, but, again, it was a result of playing cards at a restaurant after eating. Water rings, and whatnot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
jacobugath wrote:
Lame, FFG, very lame. Cut two cards out of the deck and I wouldn't have had to purchase a fourth sleeve pack. Don't tell me that wasn't intentional. I've known George Lucas for way too long to buy that.

So the game design should be compromised for slobs who leave the plastic on the new couch?
No.

Wash your hands and you need 0 packets of sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Sam and Max wrote:

Unless you're playing on a table you've eaten off of, I don't see any reason to sleeve the cards.

I sleeve any card that's going to spend an appreciable amount of time in someone's hand or being shuffled. Wash all you want, some people just have sweaty hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only sleeved cards that are shuffled, so there were plenty of sleeves for my cards.

The cards that just "sit there" on the table for the entire game get no love'in from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Wash your hands and you need 0 packets of sleeves.

Heresiarch !
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So the game design should be compromised for slobs who leave the plastic on the new couch?

If anyone who believes the game design of Descent was so precise that leaving out two cards would have effected it, I've got a bridge to sell you.

It would surprise me far less if they supposed to get the card count to an arbitrary (as far as game mechanics were concerned) certain number as was. (Probably for printing convenience rather than specifically not matching up with card sleeves, but who knows ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
StormKnight wrote:
Quote:

If anyone who believes the game design of Descent was so precise that leaving out two cards would have effected it, I've got a bridge to sell you.

It would surprise me far less if they supposed to get the card count to an arbitrary (as far as game mechanics were concerned) certain number as was. (Probably for printing convenience rather than specifically not matching up with card sleeves, but who knows ).

The card numbers would be based on the size of the master sheet they cut the cards on. The game would have been designed and playtested with this number in mind.
But so what? I still don't understand why I should get 2 less cards because some guy doesn't want to blow even more cash on useless card condoms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.