Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I attack a regular German infantry unit in a Clear hex during a Clear Game Turn with a Soviet armor unit and a Shock unit, do I get two combat shifts to the right? (i.e. one from the armor and the other from the Shock unit)

I suppose so because these two are different sources of combat shift. Am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brian asklev aursen wrote:
yes

Like Brian said.

Since the Soviet Combat table is a bit less "effective" at causing advances (but not losses!) than the German Table, if you want to achieve big breakthroughs the combination of those two units (with two combat shifts) is a must. Of course a German Panzer will cancel one shift, but Russia is a big country, and those Panzers cannot be everywhere!

Also, given the low movement factors of the Soviet Shock Fronts, this is where the Strategic Reserve counter (Rule 14.12) becoves VERY useful, allowing you to redeploy these units fast, so to hit the Germans on a weak part of the front, together with some Tank Armies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Nip
Hong Kong
Taipo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Also, given the low movement factors of the Soviet Shock Fronts, this is where the Strategic Reserve counter (Rule 14.12) becoves VERY useful
Yes... VERY useful but... it's available for the Campaign Game only...
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/792478/strategic-reserve
crycrycry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
free_planet wrote:
Yes... VERY useful but... it's available for the Campaign Game only...
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/792478/strategic-reserve
crycrycry

Hey, it's your game now. Use the counter as you see fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.