Subject: Cultiest and Vampire questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott O'Dell
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wanted to ask specific details about how the moderator handles these roles and their win conditions.

Vampire: From my understanding the Vampire wins only if he is able to achieve parity with 1 other team. Is that correct? If there is 1 vampire and 1 villager obviously the Vampire wins. What happens if there is 1 Wolf and 1 Vampire. Is it a tie? Since the werewolf can't kill a vampire (is that right), does that mean the Vampire wins? Could you have 2 Vampires essentially have 3 teams?

When does the Vampire kill take place? I have seen people say before voting occurs. Or after voting occurs before everyone sleeps. Does it matter?

Cult Leader:
I need a lot of help here.

So 1 player starts a cult and each night adds 1 follower. Does the cult wake up so they can see who is in their cult? Can a werewolf be in a cult? Does the cult know who is the leader or just who was in it before and after themselves?

If they wake up can the cult help suggest who to add to the cult?

Or do people even know if they are in the cult?

How do you handle cult leader death? I have seen 1 session report say that a new cult leader will be picked before the werewolfs kill at night and that the cult cannot win without a leader.

If the cult leader is lynched do you immediately select a new leader that night?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Multiple vampires form a team, just like multiple wolves.

By the book the vampire kill is revealed as soon as the first nomination is made, before the actual voting. We usually do the vampire and wolf kills both during the night, however.

Also by the book, if there are vampires and wolves in the same game then they need to completely wipe out the other one to win. You're right, though, that if the vampires reach parity with the the wolves then they've won because they can kill wolves but not vice-versa.

The cult leader is an odd role, if only because it varies so much between groups. According to Ted, though, in this version the members of the cult are not told they've been recruited nor who the other members are. Anyone can be in the cult, but it doesn't affect them at all, only the cult leader.

I wouldn't play with the variant where the leadership passes on, personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Dell
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
So if the cult leader dies according to the rules the first person he converted is the new leader. The moderator taps them when calling for the cult leader to wake up. But how does that person know who is in the cult with them so they don't convert fellow cult members?

So if the cult converts everyone including the wolves is the game instantly over and the cult wins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PimpMario wrote:
So if the cult leader dies according to the rules the first person he converted is the new leader.

Yeah, but I don't recommend using that variant. It makes it near-impossible to stamp out the cult, and team conversion sucks.

PimpMario wrote:
The moderator taps them when calling for the cult leader to wake up. But how does that person know who is in the cult with them so they don't convert fellow cult members?

By the rules, they don't know. You could point them out if you wanted.

PimpMario wrote:
So if the cult converts everyone including the wolves is the game instantly over and the cult wins?

No.

1) The cult only affects the victory condition of the Cult Leader. Villagers and wolves in the cult still win by killing each other as normal.

2) The Cult Leader wins in addition to a major team, not instead. So you'd still play the game through to either wolf parity or all wolves dead, but the Cult Leader would get a win along with the village/wolves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Dell
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
1) The cult only affects the victory condition of the Cult Leader. Villagers and wolves in the cult still win by killing each other as normal.

2) The Cult Leader wins in addition to a major team, not instead. So you'd still play the game through to either wolf parity or all wolves dead, but the Cult Leader would get a win along with the village/wolves.

Thanks for the clarification. Cults sound pretty weak to me. You add a lot of extra night time and responsibility to the moderator for nothing really... I mean it doesnt really add suspense or fun unless you are the cult leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.