J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't yet own Second Edition, but I plan to get it soon. My question is....does this kit come with a way to deploy these monsters in-game? Are there monster cards for the overlord that match up with these? I'm not 100% clear about how deploying monsters has changed, so maybe they aren't needed anymore. Just wanted to be sure, if I buy this, that the OL actually has a way to get the figures on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I get this right but it sounds as if you expect monster figures in the Conversion Kit. The sole purpose of the kit is to allow Second Edition players to use figures from the First Edition and its expansions in the new game. So you will only find the monster cards (and hero sheets) in the kit but no figures.

From the article description on the FFG website:
Quote:
With Second Edition-compatible cards for every monster and hero ever produced (including promotional heroes!), this convenient conversion kit is an indispensable tool.

Regarding monster deployment: every single encounter now includes instructions for the Overlord when and where reinforcements are spawned on the board. Many of the quests include open monster groups, where the Overlord can take whichever monsters he or she wants, as long as one of the trait icons of the monsters match one given by the quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he knows that. Every second edition scenario (other than the intro) uses one or more "open monster groups" (which are limited by symbols on the scenario/monster cards), so plenty of opportunities to use converted 1E monsters in 2E. It was a well thought out idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See also this thread where all of the Act I quests are listed with their open groups and possible 1E substitutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
I think he knows that. Every second edition scenario (other than the intro) uses one or more "open monster groups" (which are limited by symbols on the scenario/monster cards), so plenty of opportunities to use converted 1E monsters in 2E. It was a well thought out idea.

Yes, this is what I wanted to know. I do indeed know that the box comes with no plastic figures. I'm glad, because I have those already! I just wanted to make sure there was an easy way to get the old monsters into the new quests. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.