Kellen Feral
United States
Los Angeles - Mar Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
One Eternal Round
mbmbmbmbmb
The background for the video here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/the-resistanc... is just about the ugliest thing I've seen.

I already pre-ordered. I just don't even understand how this art got the go ahead. It looks like a 1995 computer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Preordered too. Hopefully we get anime promos for Avalon next time :]

Seriously, it would be easier to persuade non-gamers to play if the game looked like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Disclaimer: I like the Glory to Rome *original* art work.

No, I don't care about the art work, since we won't be looking at it for most of the duration of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kellen Feral
United States
Los Angeles - Mar Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
One Eternal Round
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:
Disclaimer: I like the Glory to Rome *original* art work.

No, I don't care about the art work, since we won't be looking at it for most of the duration of the game.

You didn't even answer the question.

"Does the artwork look bad?"

"I don't care"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
I quite like the box cover but George Patsouras' faces on the KS page are a bit average, although some of the other artwork like the sword in the stone and the tower are rather nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Finlay
Australia
Beldon
WA
flag msg tools
badge
Yes. (Still backed it)

The character art is not at all of a style I like but will look better when cropped and shrunk onto cards similar to the assassin image.
Mr baddy is very creepy and I can see it being off putting to some of our players. Not enough to seriously affect the game but it won't be pleasing. Not a fan of the box art either.

I assume the board art is the vistas shown and those will be stunning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I was kind of hoping that wasn't the real art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Finlay
Australia
Beldon
WA
flag msg tools
badge
anomander64 wrote:
I quite like the box cover but George Patsouras' faces on the KS page are a bit average, although some of the other artwork like the sword in the stone and the tower are rather nice.

Thanks for the pointer. Made me go hunting for his blog which has the other characters here:
http://cgaddict.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/arthurian-legendary-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anomander64 wrote:
I quite like the box cover

What he said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that the art looks very similar to the original and the bgg replacement cards. It's middle-age themed though so a lot more fantastic but in general pretty nice imo.

The Anime stuff looks horrible, but it's Anime
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
stuartfinlay wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

Thanks for the pointer. Made me go hunting for his blog which has the other characters here:
Hmm, that is quite a few characters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
I find that the art looks very similar to the original and the bgg replacement cards. It's middle-age themed though so a lot more fantastic but in general pretty nice imo.

My thoughts exactly. I like the cards just fine (but the anime would go straight to the trash can).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could give 'em away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasella
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
the way that the female body is depicted in the anime art is embarrassing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
Luds wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I like the cards just fine (but the anime would go straight to the trash can).

I'll just keep them in the old Resistance 1st Ed box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love the art, it looks like a mid-90's PC game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clodius wrote:
the way that the female body is depicted in the anime almost all art in the gaming industry is embarrassing

FTFY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the art. I must be in the minority. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
I like the art. I must be in the minority. :-)

Based on the kickstarter results, you must be in the majority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August T
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:

To you I wish they have the anime cards for Avalon too (stretch goals perhaps)?

I'm OK with the art but I prefer more cartoony look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
stuartfinlay wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

The artworks looks quite nice on the cards. I think it's mostly the title font style (3D effect), colour, and background combination that is throwing it off in the Kickstarter video background. Note, that what is shown in the back of the Kickstarter video doesn't appear to be the cover art.

The actual cover has been posted to BGG already:

Looks quite nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
1awesomeguy wrote:
stuartfinlay wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

The artworks looks quite nice on the cards. I think it's mostly the title font style (3D effect), colour, and background combination that is throwing it off in the Kickstarter video background. Note, that what is shown in the back of the Kickstarter video doesn't appear to be the cover art.

Looks quite nice.

If you like it, click through and give it a thumbs up! Super excited about initial response to the game on kickstarter, and my mind is wheeling with ideas that I can quickly pull off for stretch goals (even though I am not a huge fan of piling on stretch goals).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Include ALL of DonE's variants, Travis! I love mixing a few together and seeing what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schwarzott wrote:
I love the art, it looks like a mid-90's PC game.

Totally has a Baldur's Gate vibe, which is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:
1awesomeguy wrote:
stuartfinlay wrote:
anomander64 wrote:

Looks quite nice.

If you like it, click through and give it a thumbs up! Super excited about initial response to the game on kickstarter, and my mind is wheeling with ideas that I can quickly pull off for stretch goals (even though I am not a huge fan of piling on stretch goals).

Something extremely simple that would be much appreciated is a spare set of character cards and a spare set of pass/fail cards. My original copy of The Resistance has gotten much play, and some folks are sadly more careless than others when it comes to the way that cards are handled. As a result, a few cards are folded and marked in a way that I can easily tell what they are just from looking at the back, forcing me to be extra cautious about where I'm looking when I'm playing. And yes, I have sleeved them.

Either that or more durable chipboard tokens to replace the more critical cards, similar to what you did with the Reject/Approve cards and Mission Team cards in The Resistance 2nd Edition (but I realize production and shipping costs begin to go up more significantly at that point). Replacing everything with chipboard is also nice because it's easier to play when you're outside and such (wind is less of a factor).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.