Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone heard if they are shipping more copies to the kickstarter people this week or are they not shipping again until after Gencon??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Chern at C'MON, the warehouse is closed for GENCON prep so nothing else is shipping out now (from an email he sent me last night).

Jake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats what I thought.
That really bums me out since I have not received my copy yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kam
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I e-mailed them to get a shipping update and they said they would be shipping again starting the 20th. I'm also bummed out, but we'll just have to be strong together cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kefauver
United States
Saint Charles
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They shipped mine on the 12th/13th, so that's sorta this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i get mine today! wait.... sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

Did they send out tracking numbers? How do you know if it's been shipped yet or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No tracking number here so it looks like we will not get our copies until after Gencon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the update saying no more tracking numbers or shipping until Aug 20. It seems odd that ALL cmon people go to gencon. Not one person may be left back to make certain people get their stuff. I am somewhat pained by this decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

Did they send out tracking numbers? How do you know if it's been shipped yet or not?

I got a tracking number on Friday. It shipped from GA on Wednesday and was in my city (Sacramento) on Saturday. But they are using Fedex SmartPost yuk so that adds a day or two to delivery time. Supposedly, it's out for delivery today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
turtleback wrote:

I got a tracking number on Friday. It shipped from GA on Wednesday and was in my city (Sacramento) on Saturday. But they are using Fedex SmartPost yuk so that adds a day or two to delivery time. Supposedly, it's out for delivery today.

Hmmm... I'm also in CA and mine was shipped on Thur last week but I the tracking# still doesn't any updates since Fri. guess they're just as unpredictable with tracking as usps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is pretty frustrating that some people that Kickstarted the game will not have there copies but you will be able to buy it at Gencon.
I dont think this is fair in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar experience. I live in Indiana, and the first place it tracked after GA was Illinois, so I assumed I'd have it in a day or two at the time. But then it ran off through Indiana and up to Missouri, where it stayed for a few days. Now, oddly, it's been in my city all day, where I assume it's been handed off to the post office for tomorrow's delivery.

This SmartPost is an interesting ride, to say the least. I suppose I am lucky to have been randomly shoved into this early shipment, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diablo663 wrote:
It is pretty frustrating that some people that Kickstarted the game will not have there copies but you will be able to buy it at Gencon.
I dont think this is fair in my opinion.

I think we have to remember that the stated release was September and it was just lucky that shipments arrived this early. GenCon is too big of an event to not take advantage of that luck. And the window to ship copies out before preparing for the con was very small. They aren't doing it just to spite Kickstarter supporters, it just makes good business sense. Everyone will still get their copies by the "Sept '12" date promised when they pledged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
JRSly wrote:

I think we have to remember that the stated release was September and it was just lucky that shipments arrived this early. GenCon is too big of an event to not take advantage of that luck. And the window to ship copies out before preparing for the con was very small. They aren't doing it just to spite Kickstarter supporters, it just makes good business sense. Everyone will still get their copies by the "Sept '12" date promised when they pledged.

There's always some chucklehead that says something like this.

Note: I'm being ironic due to your avatar. No offense meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I also know it's easy for me to say that when I was fortunate enough to get my copy Saturday. If I hadn't, I'd be quasi-freaking out with the res of ya!

It's funny...no matter how many times you ride the hype-train and think you'll just die if you don't buy something on the very first day its out there, and then after time goes on you realize that it really wasn't a big deal...inevitably, you get hyped up and drive yourself crazy again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No way should they be selling any at gencon before theyfill their kick starter orders.....won't kickstart them again after this....what a bunch of bs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sly
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:
No way should they be selling any at gencon before theyfill their kick starter orders.....won't kickstart them again after this....what a bunch of bs

Honestly asking, is FIRST PERSON TO EVER OWN IT an implicit promise for all Kickstarter projects? I know it's often a very likely perk, but is it a guaranteed aspect of every project? I never really cared about that myself, it was more about the various, tangible bonuses that you could get at a fantastic price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who kickstarted it help make the production of the game possible....without a successful kickstart program there wouldn't be a single copy of the game made....so yes, if you kickstarted it you should get a copy before anyone who didn't......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
will anderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
while I am not furious, it is a little frustrating that a co-worker who ordered after me already has her copy and I don't have tracking numbers yet.

I think I just have bad luck with games getting shipped to me considering I've been waiting for 'Get Bit' since the beginning of June. It was 'in stock' when I ordered it. The website then changed to 'now accepting pre-orders.' They got that stock, people got their games, and I am still waiting on that shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, not exactly "for everyone who logged in by July 18th and saved their details in the CKPM" I still got nuthin.

Grr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blossercubbles wrote:
I had a similar experience. I live in Indiana, and the first place it tracked after GA was Illinois, so I assumed I'd have it in a day or two at the time. But then it ran off through Indiana and up to Missouri, where it stayed for a few days. Now, oddly, it's been in my city all day, where I assume it's been handed off to the post office for tomorrow's delivery.

This SmartPost is an interesting ride, to say the least. I suppose I am lucky to have been randomly shoved into this early shipment, though.

Well, now I'm confused. After spending the day in my city (Battle Ground, for crying out loud. It's not like it's a place delivery trucks go without delivery!), FedEx went back to Illinois, then to a neighboring Indiana city.... This is the last day I can receive the package without it sitting around for days, and also the 'expected delivery' (which I know is an estimation). It's been eight days of this silly dance.

I'm still lucky to have been randomly selected for pre-GenCon delivery, I just hope it arrives today, instead of asking the neighbors to keep a package for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JRSly wrote:
Honestly asking, is FIRST PERSON TO EVER OWN IT an implicit promise for all Kickstarter projects? I know it's often a very likely perk, but is it a guaranteed aspect of every project?

Absolutely not. Some campaigns make that a part of the deal, but that wasn't the case here.

Complaining about it is silly, when a) they never said we'd get ours first, b) it's still shipping earlier than expected, and c) KS backers get a pile of bonuses that retail purchasers don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
Complaining about it is silly, when a) they never said we'd get ours first, ...

Actually when asked about that during the Kickstarter CMON said that backers would get their games shipped before anyone else (including people attending Gencon) gets access to Zombicide.

They also said they would ship in order of pledges received and that they expect to ship all the games within one week.

There is also the issue of how CMON reacted to complaints from international customers.

So while I myself am not complaining, I would not call those who do silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bewulf wrote:

They also said they would ship in order of pledges received and that they expect to ship all the games within one week.

I can't help but wonder how many copies they thought they would sell via kickstarter when this was stated, and how the total sold affects this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.