Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Dominion» Forums » News

Subject: Android version also coming this week rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alter Ego
Germany
munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools

just so that it is not lost in the "noise" ...

"There’s an Android version as well which will also be available this week."

from

http://pockettactics.com/2012/08/13/rio-grandes-official-dom...
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There already is a very good Android version: Androminion.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Lj
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Originaldibbler wrote:
There already is a very good Android version: Androminion.

Which will be shut down once the official Rio Grande version comes out

Edit: I'd like to add, I'm a huge fan of Androminion, and I have played it a ton, but the beta Goko dominion game is really really good.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oogarasu wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:
There already is a very good Android version: Androminion.

Which will be shut down once the official Rio Grande version comes out


As it should be.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cooper
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
anto wrote:

just so that it is not lost in the "noise" ...

"There’s an Android version as well which will also be available this week."

from

http://pockettactics.com/2012/08/13/rio-grandes-official-dom...


That blog has an update which reads:

"UPDATE: Talked to Jay Tummelson again to get clarity on a question many have written in to ask. The app coming out this Thursday is an iOS front end for the HTML 5 web app developed by Goko that is currently in beta testing. There’s an Android version as well which will also be available this week."

Three cheers for the iOS version!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear the And/iOS version will have have all the major exp available as IAP (so no Alch, Corn, Hinterlands), but Dark Ages will be there! If so, I'm excited! If not, then I'll have to bide my time ninja

Oogarasu wrote:
Originaldibbler wrote:
There already is a very good Android version: Androminion.

Which will be shut down once the official Rio Grande version comes out

Edit: I'd like to add, I'm a huge fan of Androminion, and I have played it a ton, but the beta Goko dominion game is really really good.
which reminds me... I need to learn how to backup and reinstall And apps It's truly a masterpiece.... got all achievements, and played 800 games and counting
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alter Ego
Germany
munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
ackmondual wrote:

which reminds me... I need to learn how to backup and reinstall And apps It's truly a masterpiece.... got all achievements, and played 800 games and counting


one option is to use the Astro File manager in the Google Play store, it has in the Tools tab the app backup feature.

Back on topic, eagerly awaiting release, as of now, the Androminion is still there (whereas there is no sign of the official Dominion app). Might be that since Androminion is a free app (non profit), it will be left alone?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Lj
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
anto wrote:

Back on topic, eagerly awaiting release, as of now, the Androminion is still there (whereas there is no sign of the official Dominion app). Might be that since Androminion is a free app (non profit), it will be left alone?


I doubt it. Most likely the creator just hasn't responded to removal requests yet, or is waiting for the official release before it's pulled. From Rio's perspective, any free version of the game limits potential sales they could make with their official version, regardless of who good looking their official version is.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anto wrote:
[q="ackmondual"]Might be that since Androminion is a free app (non profit), it will be left alone?
All the previous dominion apps were free - or RGG would have taken them down. Donald made it clear multiple times that they were happy for free apps to stay up until the official one came out, but they would not tolerate 'for profit' apps.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grantham
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's being removed soon.

Here's the announcement.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oogarasu wrote:
anto wrote:

Back on topic, eagerly awaiting release, as of now, the Androminion is still there (whereas there is no sign of the official Dominion app). Might be that since Androminion is a free app (non profit), it will be left alone?


I doubt it. Most likely the creator just hasn't responded to removal requests yet, or is waiting for the official release before it's pulled. From Rio's perspective, any free version of the game limits potential sales they could make with their official version, regardless of who good looking their official version is.
Do they care about other unofficial versions? Those on And/iOS are easy to stem since all u do is order the distributing portal to pull the app. Isotopic AFAIK uses a central server that could be shut down. Other PC versions however are just more or less out there on the web
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.