Subject: Some Sagas Help? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry if I've been too spammy but I've decided to pick up Sagas.

I wanted to try a new character since I've been exclusively been playing Robert for months.

Do you guys have some Sagas tips for a newbie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Sagas a couple times, so I don't have the best sense of how he plays. One game I just couldn't get him to perform, and got completely crushed, and another game I outmaneuvered my opponent and won convincingly. I remember him as a mid range fighter that could neutralize some of his opponent's advantages. The edge of the table is your friend, as Shadow gives you movement flexibility there that your opponent lacks.

I'm interested to hear your observations after playing Sagas more comprehensively than I have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagas is a pretty strong character.

I can't believe the stats on Staff. That thing is amazing.

Sagas can't easily break people with Stun Guard and has sub par stats. He's very much like Robert in that sense.

However, Sagas gets to screw with his opponent's strategy or use it for his own gain.

Any character that uses tokens pretty much has a hard time against him since when you do use your good effects, Sagas can just Mirror it. (IE, Hepzibah)

Negation is a DEADLY style. It's broken. In the "this is so overpowered" sense. Negation + Mirror token causes a scenario wherein only Bases matter. And you come out on top of priority clashes. It's amazing.

Echo, is again, a great style, IF the opponent has great styles. Against people like Magdeleina, it does nothing. (Though you should really be using the mirror token instead) Against Cadenza, though, using his Clockwork against him feels great.

Aside from that, I'm still getting used to how he can use mechanics to form a 100% win strategy that requires little to no guesswork.

He won't have Robert's risk. He does have INSANE comeback ability with his overdrive though. Really freaking insane.

Anyway, I'll try to figure a few more things out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.