Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

While I'm still tweaking my "Adventure System" variant for the dungeon exploration aspect of Conquest of Nerath, I've also started to think about a way to "zoom in" to certain battles. During those battles, you would shift to "Dungeon Command" mode.

(Basically, I'm seeking a way to immerse myself into a whole big campaign which has dungeon exploration, army movement and army battles... which I'll then probably play solo. blushwhistle)

So here are my preliminary ideas on the subject:

In "Dungeon Command" mode, what you bring to the battle becomes what creatures you can use. Thus, if you bring a...

... [CoN] Fighter unit to the battle, you get a STR/CON/DEX [DC] creature of level 3+
... [CoN] Wizard, you get a INT/WIS [DC] creature of level 3+
... [CoN] Footsoldier, you get a level 1 [DC] creature
... [CoN] Monster, you get a level 4+ non-humanoid [DC] creature
... [CoN] Siege Engine: the opposing faction gets -1 Morale/per siege engine every round
... [CoN] Dragon / Storm Elemental / Warship / Castle: N/A [If one of these units is part of the battle, resolve it as per the normal CoN rules.]

Levels are increased by 1 for each additional unit of the same type.

So, for example, a Vailin army composed of 2 Footsoldiers, 2 Fighters, 1 Wizard and 1 Monster would translate into a Creature Deck with...

- 2 Elf Archers (level 1 x2) or 2 Halfling Sneaks (level 1 x2) or 1 Dwarven Defender (level 2 x1) or 1 Human Ranger (level 2 x1)
- 1 Dragon Knight (level 5 x1) or 2 Half-Orc Thugs (level 3 x2)
- 1 Dwarf Cleric (level 3 x1)
- 1 Earth Guardian (level 4 x1)

Now, so far there aren't enough available creatures to accomodate all combinations. For example, 2 [CoN] Wizards would equal 6 levels worth of [DC] creatures, but we only have level 3 and level 4 creatures, which means that taking the [DC] War Wizard would "waste" two levels.

Likewise, the two existing sets are thematically limited. The Heart of Cormyr set would presenly have to accomodate both Vailin and Nerath, while Sting of Lloth would have to stand-in for both Karkoth and the Iron Circle.

Which means I'll have to either wait for further sets to come out (Tyranny of Goblins and Blood of Gruumsh will be perfect for the Iron Circle, while Curse of Undeath will be just right for Karkoth), or get creative and make my own creature cards to go with the minis I have.

Anyway, that's the present state of my ruminations. Hope it makes sense. I'm not really sure this can be of interest to anyone but me, but in case it does, feel free to share your thoughts.

Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
mbmbmbmbmb
Aimon wrote:
Hi.

While I'm still tweaking my "Adventure System" variant for the dungeon exploration aspect of Conquest of Nerath, I've also started to think about a way to "zoom in" to certain battles. During those battles, you would shift to "Dungeon Command" mode.

Never played Nerath, but this sounds really awesome and I hope you continue on with tweaking it. Will probably be easier to put it together after more DC product is in circulation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
950Rav wrote:
Aimon wrote:
Hi.

Never played Nerath, but this sounds really awesome and I hope you continue on with tweaking it. Will probably be easier to put it together after more DC product is in circulation.

Thanks, Nate. I'm presently putting together a cleaner version of all my "Adventure System" scenarios for Nerath (found here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/768899/conquest-of-nerat..., until such a time as I upload them as a single document), and then I'll sit down to actually try it out.

I just need to tear myself away from The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.