Hide
12 Posts

Dominion: Dark Ages» Forums » General

Subject: Getting this at GenCon (Questions) please help., rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Cohen
msg tools
I am going to be having a freind pick up a copy at GenCon and I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how much it might be (general range, more or less than $50)? Also anyone know of a merchant I can have my friend go to (who will have it on hand) so he doesn't have to look all around the dealer's room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sam1Cohen wrote:
I am going to be having a freind pick up a copy at GenCon and I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how much it might be (general range, more or less than $50)? Also anyone know of a merchant I can have my friend go to (who will have it on hand) so he doesn't have to look all around the dealer's room?

My guess would be MSRP of $44.95 since it is the same amount of cards as the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Sam1Cohen wrote:

My guess would be MSRP of $44.95 since it is the same amount of cards as the base set.

And looking at online retailers, they all list MSRP at $44.95.

And to your 2nd question, you should be able to buy this direct from RGG who has a booth in the dealer hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Sam1Cohen wrote:

And looking at online retailers, they all list MSRP at $44.95.

And to your 2nd question, you should be able to buy this direct from RGG who has a booth in the dealer hall.

I don't believe that is correct. RGG doesn't have a booth and hasn't for the past couple of years at least. It usually licenses a couple of dealers in the hall to sell their games though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rickert wrote:
I don't believe that is correct. RGG doesn't have a booth and hasn't for the past couple of years at least. It usually licenses a couple of dealers in the hall to sell their games though.

The past few years, I remember a specific booth dedicated only to RGG games. Perhaps it was not them per se.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Usually several sell it. Have him look the hall over you might get it cheaper at one booth over another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cohen
msg tools
[/q]

And to your 2nd question, you should be able to buy this direct from RGG who has a booth in the dealer hall.[/q]

They will not be selling it directly, I had sent them an email a while back asking the best way to get it at GenCon and they said they will not sell it there so their vendors can.

I will have him check around, hopefully someone will have a deal.

Thanks for all the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Muller
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I browsed the GenCon 2012 Map and I believe CoolStuffInc will have a vendor both. Not sure if they will be selling it. I had a friend that was going to pick it up for me at GenCon as well. However, I decided to wait in hopes the general online distribution is only a few days behind GenCon as hinted at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cohen
msg tools
IceHot wrote:
I browsed the GenCon 2012 Map and I believe CoolStuffInc will have a vendor both. Not sure if they will be selling it. I had a friend that was going to pick it up for me at GenCon as well. However, I decided to wait in hopes the general online distribution is only a few days behind GenCon as hinted at.

The main reason I want to get it at GenCon is that I live in Indy and work 5 min from where it is held so I figured why not take advatage of that. No shipping costs that way, I may pre-order it though the price is pretty nice at the link listed above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Booth 1400.

And they sold over half their supply yesterday, so.....

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane C
msg tools
riogames wrote:
Booth 1400.

Jay

I've been a Dominion enthusiast for a year, and I've been looking forward to Dark Ages ever since RGG announced it earlier this year. In fact, I'm travelling to GenCon from several hundred miles away with the hopes of being one of the first to pick up a copy of Dark Ages. Unfortunately, I can't arrive until Saturday. Is there a good chance that booth 1400 will still have copies of the game remaining by the time I arrive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
sffc wrote:
riogames wrote:
Booth 1400.

Jay

I've been a Dominion enthusiast for a year, and I've been looking forward to Dark Ages ever since RGG announced it earlier this year. In fact, I'm travelling to GenCon from several hundred miles away with the hopes of being one of the first to pick up a copy of Dark Ages. Unfortunately, I can't arrive until Saturday. Is there a good chance that booth 1400 will still have copies of the game remaining by the time I arrive?

By the sound of things, I'd suggest trying to find one of the geeks here to pick up a copy for you and arrange to meet them at GenCon on Saturday to pick it up from them. Otherwise, you might be out of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.