Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Future of Isotropic? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the official Dominion app is coming out (day after tomorrow!), does anybody know what the fate of the Isotropic server is going to be? I assume it'll be taken down, but the webpage doesn't actually say that explicitly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, isotropic will be taken down either when the official version is released or shortly thereafter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:
Yes, isotropic will be taken down either when the official version is released or shortly thereafter.

RIP

What a great site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
LastFootnote wrote:

And you know this because....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
the_spy wrote:
LastFootnote wrote:

... the guy that runs isotropic has confirmed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_spy wrote:
LastFootnote wrote:

Isotropic is a competing program. RGG may have been "fine" with it before since the devs weren't making $$ off of it and perhaps not using cart art and the same symbols, but RGG and the ones developing the official app will have their say and likely want all other versions taken down. I'm assuming that's what the "common sense" works out to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nukerdo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, for one, am so sad to see all the stats at councilroom.com not carry over from the 729 games I've played to date. It's the numbers nerd in me that watches my ratios change daily. And unfortunately I won't be able to play at lunchtime at work anymore because the official version actually looks like a game. Whomp Whomp. Headed there now... while it lasts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lab Gnome
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
My main concern is if they plan on having a way to unlock expansions for people who have purchased the hard copies.

Don't know if I could bring myself to pay for every expansion twice y'know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
He's read one of the several dozen threads around here that mention it, with links to people like Jay or Donald saying so directly? Possibly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had a nickel for every time I've seen this question....

I'd have a shitload of nickels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
mbmbmbmbmb
stdmfn29 wrote:
I, for one, am so sad to see all the stats at councilroom.com not carry over from the 729 games I've played to date. It's the numbers nerd in me that watches my ratios change daily. And unfortunately I won't be able to play at lunchtime at work anymore because the official version actually looks like a game. Whomp Whomp. Headed there now... while it lasts!

The official version does have game logs, so it should be possible that stats from the official version can continue to be collected and analyzed at councilroom.com. Seems that if you play with the same name on the official version, the stats could add to what you've already done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official page is not up yet, but isotropic is still up and going.... the message about the official version is gone... wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian O'Neill
Ireland
Castleconnell
Co.Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_spy wrote:
The official page is not up yet, but isotropic is still up and going.... the message about the official version is gone... wow

The official message on isotropic is still there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brianon wrote:
the_spy wrote:

No no.... I don't see it (just checked again)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian O'Neill
Ireland
Castleconnell
Co.Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_spy wrote:
brianon wrote:
the_spy wrote:

No no.... I don't see it (just checked again)

hmmmm. Are we talking about the same thing ?

The message is here...http://dominion.isotropic.org/

Quote:
The official Dominion Online game, endorsed by Donald X. Vaccarino and Rio Grande Games, is launching August 16th. The game will feature:

Unlimited, free play of the base Dominion game
Large and growing selection of Dominion expansion card sets available for purchase
Play Dominion Online:
Single player against bots
Multiplayer against your friends and other players online
In a new online adventure mode designed by Goko & Donald X, created to challenge you and improve your skills
Play Dominion Online from your browser on goko.com, on Facebook, in a Hangout on Google+, or on your iPad or Android tablet
Be the first to be notified when Dominion Online is launched by signing up at dominion.goko.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The isotropic guy should make his own digital deck building game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:

Now that is a GREAT idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:

I believe he is good friends with Donald. That might sour things a bit.

But, a team up on a new IP would be pretty awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:
Zombiminion! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkymadigan wrote:
Neo42 wrote:

I don't know Donald except through BGG but I get the impression he's got no problem at all with other people inventing games with inspiration from his ideas. It's not like his games were never inspired by anyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
pinkymadigan wrote:
Neo42 wrote:

I don't know Donald except through BGG but I get the impression he's got no problem at all with other people inventing games with inspiration from his ideas. It's not like his games were never inspired by anyone else.

Has Donald made any official statement on the Goko disaster? Has Jay, for that matter? I was following this a bit at the beginning, quickly determined that I wasn't interested in the app, and haven't been paying much attention since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
pinkymadigan wrote:
Neo42 wrote:

Has Donald made any official statement on the Goko disaster? Has Jay, for that matter? I was following this a bit at the beginning, quickly determined that I wasn't interested in the app, and haven't been paying much attention since.
That about wraps up my sentiments. While I'm following developments, I've already written off having a decent version of Dom and RftG (if at all). Ditto for Thunderstone (by a diff dev). On the links to comm with Goko, they just acknowledge that alot of people appear to be interested in offline Dom, but "it's currently not in their roadmap" (I paraphrase).

Word is, Donald nor RGG are being candid about how Goko is handling things, as that may be construed as "sabotaging their own agreement" or going against their agreements. I'm no public relations person, but if they were to voice their opinions, it should be in private to them, and not done publicly.

Tom Lehmann was saying if there was something we'd like (offline RftG for one), to follow a link he posted and let Goko know about it. Also mentioned that... nm, here's the link...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9850550#9850550

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9855460#9855460
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
pinkymadigan wrote:
Neo42 wrote:

I'd be interested in Donald's opinion. This is an AMAZING game, and would make an amazing digital game, if done right.

He must see the myriad of really good digital games coming out, and especially deck-building games -- I mean, that's his wheelhouse -- so how DOES he feel with this half-baked release of his best Intellectual Property?

As for the Isotropic guy, I think if they could have gotten him away from Google for 6 months, they'd have had a stellar product without strings to a cruddy 3rd party, whose ultimate goal is probably just to sell out for big bucks to Zynga in the shortest time possible...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ackmondual wrote:
Word is, Donald nor RGG are being candid about how Goko is handling things, as that may be construed as "sabotaging their own agreement" or going against their agreements. I'm no public relations person, but if they were to voice their opinions, it should be in private to them, and not done publicly.

I think I was the one that suggested they might be keeping quiet because of legal issues, and haven't heard that mentioned anywhere else. Just the opinion of a casual observer/Dominion fan, so hopefully this suggestion doesn't become accepted as fact through the internet rumor mill!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.