Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Andersen
United States
Athens
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
If Captain Fantastic is defeated in combat does he still get shuffled back into the deck after? I am referring to the Captain Fantastic resistance card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
munchkinloser7 wrote:
If Captain Fantastic is defeated in combat does he still get shuffled back into the deck after? I am referring to the Captain Fantastic resistance card.

Yes. Think of him as Superman. He never dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question - does captain fantastic always fight alone? When we have for example 2 resistance on a location:

1. we draw card, it's a hero, then draw another one, its captain, then draw another until normal resistance is drawn?
2. we fight normal resistance
3. we fight captain fantastic
4. we fight second resistance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you draw CF, you stop drawing and start the Fight.

There are only two "groups" of cards, base strength and modifiers.
-Base strength will say soft or hard and have a number (some you have to roll a D6 or get their base value some other way)
-Modifiers are the hero cards that do not say soft or hard but will have a + number or x number and/or some other effect as well.

So CF is hard with base strength of 6, plus 1 for each Alien at the location.
These are the times you want to play "Contagion" or "Come in peace" etc. as with a couple of other normal heroes out as well, you will need a lot of luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Droideka_D84 wrote:
When you draw CF, you stop drawing and start the Fight.

There are only two "groups" of cards, base strength and modifiers.
-Base strength will say soft or hard and have a number (some you have to roll a D6 or get their base value some other way)
-Modifiers are the hero cards that do not say soft or hard but will have a + number or x number and/or some other effect as well.

So CF is hard with base strength of 6, plus 1 for each Alien at the location.
These are the times you want to play "Contagion" or "Come in peace" etc. as with a couple of other normal heroes out as well, you will need a lot of luck

Thanks

And as I see in the manual CF fights every 6 board spaces if there are aliens yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That only applies to the CF Resistance Counter if it comes out during any Resistance Counter draw. The CF card is treated like any other Fight.

If the CF counter is drawn for a player board section, he fights one round at each space that has Aliens on that board section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Droideka_D84 wrote:
That only applies to the CF Resistance Counter if it comes out during any Resistance Counter draw. The CF card is treated like any other Fight.

If the CF counter is drawn for a player board section, he fights one round at each space that has Aliens on that board section.

Ok, so to get i simply:

- card - fight with aliens in one space (where the card was drawn)
- counter - fight aliens on all board spaces

Is that correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Battle Droid
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is pretty much it. The counter applies to all spaces on one board section only.

The designer explains the CF counter here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Droideka_D84 wrote:
Yes, that is pretty much it. The counter applies to all spaces on one board section only.

The designer explains the CF counter here.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.