Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone! If you live around Indy or are traveling to GenCon, please swing by the 5th Street Games booth (#242 in the Family Fun Pavilion) to say hi to me and Phil.

I will be at the booth much of the time demoing Farmageddon and teaching the game to folks. Phil has to cover all of his games, but he'll be around as well. We'd love to say hi, thank you in person, and play a game if you have a moment.

We'll also have the prototype for Livestocked and Loaded (the expansion that the Kickstarter backers will receive for free). We're hoping to test it quite a bit at GenCon to work through some of the kinks.

If you've purchased Farmageddon, either through KS, retail, or even the original Game Crafter prototype, you have our most sincere appreciation. Thanks for helping the game make it to this point and really just fly out the gate.

See you in Indy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Kilcrease
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll also be at Table 6 in the Family Fun Pavilion. WOO DEDICATED DEMO TABLE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a great time playing it at Gen Con and thanks to Grant for being a patient teacher!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
Had a great time playing it at Gen Con and thanks to Grant for being a patient teacher!

I had an ABSURD amount of fun. I played 42 games of Farmageddon in 4 days. I only lost 10 times (I think!) so it makes me feel a little smug that my years of playing the game have played off.

Phil and I appreciate all of you stopping by...really, the first few folks who bought a copy (Kickstarter, GenCon, online) are so crucial to our long term success. I'll be posting photos on the game's gallery soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Dimailig
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our family had a blast playing with you Grant! One of our top moments at the Con. Looking forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve.

Good luck on your future endeavors! We definitely won't miss it on KS the next time.

Ger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GD360 wrote:
Our family had a blast playing with you Grant! One of our top moments at the Con. Looking forward to seeing what else you have up your sleeve.

Good luck on your future endeavors! We definitely won't miss it on KS the next time.

Ger

Thanks! I had so much fun!

You can read about my new game here: http://hyperbolegames.com/games/empire-reborn/

Note that it's still in development. I tested it quite a bit at GenCon and will be doing a fairly significant revision this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Mulholland
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a lot of fun playing with you Grant! It's a great game, if a bit cutthroat for me to pull out for my sons just yet.

It's stuff like this that makes GenCon great, and playing with you was my first experience at my first GenCon. Awesomeness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dtmulhol wrote:
It was a lot of fun playing with you Grant! It's a great game, if a bit cutthroat for me to pull out for my sons just yet.

It's stuff like this that makes GenCon great, and playing with you was my first experience at my first GenCon. Awesomeness!

I saw one little girl get very frustrated when her older brother played Farm Futures. HOWEVER.

You may be able to do it without the Action cards and just do the fields and playing crops, so, basic math and counting. I imagine you could play some action cards, like Bumper Crop and Genetic Super worm that don't involve take that.

If you're interested, I'd love to make a kinder, revised game for your little folks to play with them. Would you be interested in such a thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burns
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps even turning the action deck into an "event" deck of sorts and have things happen like dust bowl, or other disasters and the farmers resolve them in their turns. Less of a take that and more of an "oh no!" Or "YAY Genetic Super Worm to the rescue!".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, John.

Draw a card, use it against yourself. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.