Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Wishing Tree Games has launched their second kickstarter project, [thing=127293][/thing]on kickstarter.

The project finishes on September 30th, and we are *conservatively* estimating a delivery date of April 2013.

Here is the link to the project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621311313/zombiepocalyp...

After a successful campaign for Seven Sisters, which is currently being delivered, we are looking forward to focusing on Zombiepocalypse: NYC.

We will be at booth #1939 at Gen Con, with a rough prototype in tow, so if you'd like to play Zombiepocalypse before pledging, visit us at the booth.

Manhattan Island, New York, fall of 2013. The United States is again embroiled in a war on foreign soil, but life goes on as normal in one of the most densely populated areas of the U.S. Citizens arrive in New York City to begin their days – going to work in the financial district, walking through Central Park, shopping in Soho, and sight-seeing in Times Square.

As the citizens go about their days, they have no idea what is to come. The U.S. government has had a team of scientists hard at work developing what they believe to be the ultimate weapon. The scientific team has finally developed the weapon, and is ready to present it to government and military personnel…but something has gone horribly wrong! During transport, the weapon was accidentally and irrevocably unleashed, infecting the scientists as well as nearby citizens. Severe mutations have occurred, and now a new breed of citizen walks the street, hungering only for the flesh and blood of humans…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like you've made some good changes since I first heard about this, and you've really taken on feedback - that's hugely encouraging when it comes to deciding whether to pledge!

Personally, I watch KS videos in about 5 seconds the first time through, by just skipping through tham and looking for pictures of the game. If I like what I see, I go back and watch the whole thing. If I don't see pictures of the game in the video, I scan through the KS text.

If (as in this case) I don't find any pictures of the game, I usually don't bother looking further. It's too difficult (yeah, I'm THAT lazy!) to get a good idea of a game from just text and dialogue.

If there are other people like me who you're trying to convince to pledge, it might help to get together a how-to-play video, and add some images of either a prototype or a digital mockup to the KS page.

Also, any reviews in the pipeline?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
KAndrw wrote:
It looks like you've made some good changes since I first heard about this, and you've really taken on feedback - that's hugely encouraging when it comes to deciding whether to pledge!

Personally, I watch KS videos in about 5 seconds the first time through, by just skipping through tham and looking for pictures of the game. If I like what I see, I go back and watch the whole thing. If I don't see pictures of the game in the video, I scan through the KS text.

If (as in this case) I don't find any pictures of the game, I usually don't bother looking further. It's too difficult (yeah, I'm THAT lazy!) to get a good idea of a game from just text and dialogue.

If there are other people like me who you're trying to convince to pledge, it might help to get together a how-to-play video, and add some images of either a prototype or a digital mockup to the KS page.

Also, any reviews in the pipeline?

Thanks for the comments, Andrew. We will be posting pictures of components, etc., as soon as we have them ready...we wanted to launch before Gen Con, because we will be demoing there. As I mentioned in the story part of the KS, artwork is not complete. I'm working on a much nicer prototype though, and plan to add pictures of that until we can get finalized artwork up.

Nothing set up for reviews yet, but we'll work on that over Gen Con weekend also! Visit is in booth 1939 if you are going!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, please provide more info on the game, not everybody comes to GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.