Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I attack with bare fists if I have in both hands a shield?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Can I attack with bare fists if I have in both hands a shield?

Yes, the only requirement for attacking with bare fists is that you are not using a weapon for that attack. You could even attack with bare fists if you were carrying a weapon in both hands (though I don't know why you'd want to).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
You could even attack with bare fists if you were carrying a weapon in both hands (though I don't know why you'd want to).

I actually did that once, before they changed Blast to be optional. A Crushing Block trap during a battle action left Spiritspeaker Mok with no LOS to his original target, no fatigue left, adjacent to a bane spider and another hero, and equipped with the Ice Storm (which has an inherent Blast 1). Any attack with Ice Storm would have hit himself, plus the other hero, and (unless I rolled 4+ surges) only one monster. Also, as it happened, Mok had drawn the Mighty skill at the start of the quest (+2 damage on melee attacks).

POW!

Opened up LOS and let him kill 3 beastmen with his second attack, too.

Not exactly a typical situation, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.