Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the pieces limited by their quantity?

Ex: If I wanted to purchase more Castles than supplied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, not limited. And that's a silly rule. At least for the castles, it's easily possible to get a fourth one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not a rule.

Page 4 of the rulebook: "The strength of your forces isn’t limited by the mix of plastic figures and chips available in the game. If you don’t have enough to mark all your stacks, or if you run short of chips, you can use something else to identify your pieces, such as a slip of paper with the name written on it."

Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Commorato
United States
Staten Island
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Aimon wrote:
It is not a rule.

Page 4 of the rulebook: "The strength of your forces isn’t limited by the mix of plastic figures and chips available in the game. If you don’t have enough to mark all your stacks, or if you run short of chips, you can use something else to identify your pieces, such as a slip of paper with the name written on it."

Regards.

I read that, too - I guess I can buy 10 Dragons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aimon wrote:
It is not a rule.

It is very much a rule that they are not limited...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Aimon wrote:
It is not a rule.

It is very much a rule that they are not limited...

Ah, I see what you mean, sorry, I misread.

As for it being silly, I'd like to know why you feel that way, if possible.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aimon wrote:

I just don't like placing torn bits of paper that say "castle" on my game boards. It doesn't look good.

A friend of mine bought two sets, and limits the components to what those two sets give the players. That's easily enough for most strategies, limits dragons to a non-overpowered number, and makes the battlefield look good. Everybody wins, except for his wallet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Aimon wrote:

I just don't like placing torn bits of paper that say "castle" on my game boards. It doesn't look good.

A friend of mine bought two sets, and limits the components to what those two sets give the players. That's easily enough for most strategies, limits dragons to a non-overpowered number, and makes the battlefield look good. Everybody wins, except for his wallet...
That. Or, since this is essentially Axis & Allies, use their rules for the chips which says that any chip or stack of chips must have at least one proper figure on top to indicate the type of unit and whose it is. If you are using the (mandatory) optional rules regarding dragons that takes care of the obscene dragon army problem.
I had immediate doubts when I read the note about the units not being limited to the figs provided, and thought to incorporate the A&A chip rules straightaway. Next question would be limits on the chips? I say stick with what came in the game. Really...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.