Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only read the rules (haven't played yet). What is the advantage of the Sabre and of the Spanish Officer? I'm guessing with the officer it must be nice sometimes to get a certain card out of your den. What about Sabre though?

Thanks,
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sabre is used to kill an opponent's character in their den. As characters continue to use their night ability while in the den, this could be quite helpful to keep someone from collecting doubloons each day via a character, or something like that.

I think the Spanish Officer is PROBABLY a mostly negative "reward" (you HAVE to take a reward each day I think), though there may be some characters that you do want to kill off. Maybe they reward you with something when they die, or something like that? Just a guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjortman wrote:
The sabre is used to kill an opponent's character in their den. As characters continue to use their night ability while in the den, this could be quite helpful to keep someone from collecting doubloons each day via a character, or something like that.

I think the Spanish Officer is PROBABLY a mostly negative "reward" (you HAVE to take a reward each day I think), though there may be some characters that you do want to kill off. Maybe they reward you with something when they die, or something like that? Just a guess.

Makes sense. I guess the part that confused me in the rulebook was when the Sabre talked about "splitting" the booty. Made it sound like you would somehow share tokens that turn. Or at least that's how unread it late at night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Yeah I think it just means splitting the day's booty amongst the other players during that phase of the game. At least that's how I took it. I plan on finding out Thursday after I pick up my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
mjortman wrote:

This is right on all counts. There are also characters who make the Spanish Officers worth points or who let you trade in sets of identical Booty tokens for points ...

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
mjortman wrote:
Ah. Yeah I think it just means splitting the day's booty amongst the other players during that phase of the game. At least that's how I took it. I plan on finding out Thursday after I pick up my copy.

Again correct. Each day, you will take turns splitting that day's booty up. When you grab a Sabre, you use it immediately to kill someone in an adjacent Den.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip "Rastula" Nowakowski
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello!

can you sell set of 2 or 3 sabres or spanish officers with merchant card?

in short should they be treated as any other booty tiles (for card actions), or are they in a way special?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can sell them as any other booty part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip "Rastula" Nowakowski
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much laugh

Great game Paolo, by the way - easy but full of fun and flavor. Hope there will be expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.