Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Olivier
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging by the themes, do you think that a Dark Ages/ Prosperity game would just implode on itself?

just imagine having platinums and ruins? Grand market/ abandoned market? hmmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperity leads one out of the Dark Ages, so having both in a setup sounds good to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
By implode you mean "Be Awesome"?

Ruins will definitely make the start of the game different. I'll be interested in seeing how it affects the overall game. Definitely looks to be a good addition. I don't really see it in conflict with Prosperity. Platinums change most of the games they are in, but unless the cards act together they are all just interesting elements.

Thematically interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be plenty of synergy. The grand market that you mentioned is a great example, with extra trashing and cards like the poor house, getting to 6 without coppers wont necessarily be more difficult with dark ages.

Thematically one could think of a dark ages/ prosperity game as struggling to emerge from the Dark Ages. I'm excited for it.

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jude007 wrote:
Judging by the themes, do you think that a Dark Ages/ Prosperity game would just implode on itself?

just imagine having platinums and ruins? Grand market/ abandoned market? hmmm...
If there's Dark Age/Renaissance, or Dark Age/Internet Age, then perhaps I'd be more concerned
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broadbent
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some serious interactions between Dark Ages cards and Prosperity cards - think of the benefits you could have when your opponent plays a Bishop - you could end up drawing several more cards, just from what we have seen so far. There have also been several outlines of strategies proposed based around watchtower. Goons will, of course, fit right in. I think that we will find Prosperity and the Dark Ages like each other very well. Well, at least those that are prosperous will enjoy the Dark Ages. Serfs don't seem likely to enjoy much of anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:
Prosperity leads one out of the Dark Ages, so having both in a setup sounds good to me.

That or Prosperity causes an economic collapse due to over-inflation, which leads to the Dark Ages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to have a hand with 1 Forge and a stack of "on-trash benefit" cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.