Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin B
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello all. So I've read the rulebook and the 3/4 player scenario booklet and still have a few topics I'm hazy on.

1)From the introduction to the booklet, during the Action phase the sequence should always be clockwise: {Salemite, Norad 1, Salemite, Norad 2, Salemite, Norad 3}, then repeat, correct?

2) When any Norad player discovers Bill all the Norad players have the option of activating him. Does this mean that they can each drop tiles and CP on him within the SAME TURN?

E.g. Norad 1 discovers Bill but can't activate him as he already activated a character this round. Salemite does his thing. Norad 2 activates Bill, drops a tile and CP on him (but not up to Bill's CP limit). Salemtite acts again. Can Norad 3 issue further orders to Bill if he hasn't reached his CP limit or is Bill under the control of Norad 2 for the rest of this turn?

3) Continuing from 2. If any Norad player activated Bill they can't activate him again in a subsequent round unless their primary character is activated first correct? Does the reverse also apply or is this an rule exception as Bill can be controlled by all Norad players?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaMatra wrote:
1)From the introduction to the booklet, during the Action phase the sequence should always be clockwise: {Salemite, Norad 1, Salemite, Norad 2, Salemite, Norad 3}, then repeat, correct?

Correct.

SaMatra wrote:
2) When any Norad player discovers Bill all the Norad players have the option of activating him. Does this mean that they can each drop tiles and CP on him within the SAME TURN?

E.g. Norad 1 discovers Bill but can't activate him as he already activated a character this round. Salemite does his thing. Norad 2 activates Bill, drops a tile and CP on him (but not up to Bill's CP limit). Salemtite acts again. Can Norad 3 issue further orders to Bill if he hasn't reached his CP limit or is Bill under the control of Norad 2 for the rest of this turn

Earth Reborn's confusing turn/round teminology rears its ugly head again.

TURN = a complete rotation of the three phases of the game: Initiative Phase - Activation Phase - Final Phase

ROUND = an individual player's opportunity to activate a character and assign orders.

Each NORAD player, during his ACTIVATION ROUND, may choose to activate Cherokee Bill instead of the character they began the game with (Bolter, Vasquez, or Woo)

SaMatra wrote:
3) Continuing from 2. If any Norad player activated Bill they can't activate him again in a subsequent round unless their primary character is activated first correct? Does the reverse also apply or is this an rule exception as Bill can be controlled by all Norad players?

There is nothing that states either way that the collective control of Bill follows or breaks the standard activation rules. Therefore, we can only assume that this follows the rules as written.

I believe the intention is that each NORAD player effectively takes the Cherokee Bill card and places it before himself during activation, giving each player two characters under his control during each activation - Cherokee Bill and his primary NORAD character

Thus, I believe you are correct - If your primary NORAD character has not yet been activated AND Bill has already been activated (by another NORAD player), then you must activate your primary NORAD character before activating Bill again. If neither Bill nor your primary NORAD character have been activated, you could go ahead and activate Bill first if you wished.

Ruling that Bill does not follow the standard activation requirements might lead to Bill fleeing too quickly to make it a challenge, with three players having an opportunity to move him up to his max of 24 spaces during a single game turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I got it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.