6 Posts

BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about damage, life loss, and soak rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
delios shadowsoul
msg tools
mbmb
I am just curious if life loss and damage are counted as 2 DIFFERENT effects, for the purposes of soak. Luc's ability that pushes you causing loss of life, for example. Soak will CERTAINLY remove damage from his initial attack, but if enough damage was done to also shove them to the edge and trigger the life loss, does soak effect that?

I guess the question is, does soak work against LIFE LOSS, or only against DAMAGE? And in the case is does work against both, will soak work against both as they are separate sources of damage? Example being, if you take 3 damage, then lose 2 life in the same round, and have soak 3. The soak will soak the damage, but will it also then soak the 2 life loss?

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Racah
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Soak only prevents damage. It has no effect on life loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that Soak only absorbs damage, not life loss. But I've been wrong before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Soak does not stop life loss. However, life loss cannot ever drop your life below zero either--the opponent has to do damage at some point to win.

One other clarification, in case it comes up:
If you are attacked multiple times in the same beat (by Heketch or Luc, for example), soak and stun guard both work against each individual attack. (So soaking 2 against 3 damage and 3 damage again, you still take 1 damage each time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
delios shadowsoul
msg tools
mbmb
I missed in the rulebook that lifeloss cannot kill you, glad you mentioned that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soak only applies to DAMAGE.

Life loss is completely different, which is why it has a different name.

Life loss cannot be soaked.
Life loss does NOT cause stun.
Life loss cannot kill you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.